• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 11:02:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2016, 02:14:10 PM
The Democrats went though their period of huge decisiveness while the Republicans stood strong together.  Now it is the Republican's turn.  They will suffer for a few years and then get their act together.  I agree that it's sad.  Compromise is not a bad word.  Compromise is necessary if we are to move forward.  The Repubs have turned "comprise" to meaning compromising your interrogatory.  They will figure it out and we will get back to normal.  I have faith.  A country that keeps being so divided will not stand.

On that we can agree. Reagan was great at the give and take.

Lately it seems that our illustrious repubican leaders roll over and play dead ala Bohner and now Paul Ryan along with Mitch McConnell, John McCain etc. None of them stand for a damn thing and cave to the libs every time.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 14, 2016, 03:51:33 PM
The Democrats went though their period of huge decisiveness while the Republicans stood strong together.  Now it is the Republican's turn.  They will suffer for a few years and then get their act together.  I agree that it's sad.  Compromise is not a bad word.  Compromise is necessary if we are to move forward.  The Repubs have turned "comprise" to meaning compromising your interrogatory.  They will figure it out and we will get back to normal.  I have faith.  A country that keeps being so divided will not stand.

Lately it seems that our illustrious repubican leaders roll over and play dead ala Bohner and now Paul Ryan along with Mitch McConnell, John McCain etc. None of them stand for a damn thing and cave to the libs every time.

..you mean cave to the 'tea party bozos' every time..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

QuoteOn that we can agree. Reagan was great at the give and take.
I would agree with this.

QuoteLately it seems that our illustrious repubican leaders roll over and play dead ala Bohner and now Paul Ryan along with Mitch McConnell, John McCain etc. None of them stand for a damn thing and cave to the libs every time.

I have a different take on this though:
The "establishment" Republicans have made lots of promises to parts their base which they seem to have little or no interest in keeping. Thus those people are unhappy, frustrated, and pissed off. No surprise.
From the Democratic point of view, many on your list have also made promises or agreements to Democrats which they have later turned their backs on. This is often viewed as "caving to their base", even when they understand the flaws of their actions.

It's indicative of hypocrisy, something the political career often favors and certainly not limited to Republicans.

Mugwump

CINCINNATI (The Borowitz Report)?Republican front-runner Donald Trump was crying foul on Monday after Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders allegedly dispatched an army of vegan thugs to attack a rally of peace-loving Nazis in Cincinnati.

According to Trump, he had begun to address a group of ?orderly and civil Nazis? at a downtown arena when his audience was suddenly set upon by an unruly mob of angry vegans, many menacingly clad in Birkenstocks and sustainable garments.

The Sanders supporters, singing an alarmingly militant version of Simon & Garfunkel?s ?America,? marched into the arena and began ?intimidating and threatening? the Nazis, Trump said.

?Make no mistake about who is starting the violence at these rallies,? Trump said. ?It?s the vegans.?

Carol Foyler, a Nazi from suburban Cincinnati, said that she feared for her life when one of the vegans ?ripped a Trump sign? from her hands and ?tried to recycle it.?

Harland Dorrinson, a Kentucky Nazi who drove to Ohio to hear Trump speak, said he would never have attended the rally if he had known ?there would be troublemaking vegans there.?

?One of them tried to swing an NPR tote bag at my head,? the terrified Nazi said.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on March 14, 2016, 04:18:41 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 14, 2016, 03:51:33 PM

..you mean cave to the 'tea party bozos' every time..... ;D

I'll take those tea party "bozos" and any republican that will obey their oath to uphold the Constitution. Very few democrats will do it. And it seems that many repugs are unwilling to lately also. I don't give a damn what party you are so long as you uphold the law of the land.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on March 14, 2016, 04:19:26 PM
QuoteOn that we can agree. Reagan was great at the give and take.
I would agree with this.

QuoteLately it seems that our illustrious repubican leaders roll over and play dead ala Bohner and now Paul Ryan along with Mitch McConnell, John McCain etc. None of them stand for a damn thing and cave to the libs every time.

I have a different take on this though:
The "establishment" Republicans have made lots of promises to parts their base which they seem to have little or no interest in keeping. Thus those people are unhappy, frustrated, and pissed off. No surprise.
From the Democratic point of view, many on your list have also made promises or agreements to Democrats which they have later turned their backs on. This is often viewed as "caving to their base", even when they understand the flaws of their actions.

It's indicative of hypocrisy, something the political career often favors and certainly not limited to Republicans.

Well we are still waiting for the tax cuts the Dems promised Ronnie.

And yeah, I am pissed at the actions of the current establishment repugs. We gave them a mandate. They don't want to listen then they need to go. So much for getting rid of HusseinCare.

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

BillT

QuoteQuote

I would agree with this.

QuoteWell we are still waiting for the tax cuts the Dems promised Ronnie.

I think you might have misunderstood me.
Reagan made lots of deals with the Democrats. Among other things, this resulted in many tax increases (way more than Obama), in order to fix his budget problems, caused by his crazy pursuit of deficit spending, driven by ill-advised tax cuts combined with military spending increases.

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on March 16, 2016, 05:43:16 AM

Missing one word however.
LEGAL!.

Most of us have no problem with LEGAL immigrants.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on March 15, 2016, 11:52:19 PM
QuoteQuote

I would agree with this.

QuoteWell we are still waiting for the tax cuts the Dems promised Ronnie.

I think you might have misunderstood me.
Reagan made lots of deals with the Democrats. Among other things, this resulted in many tax increases (way more than Obama), in order to fix his budget problems, caused by his crazy pursuit of deficit spending, driven by ill-advised tax cuts combined with military spending increases.

A little history: Reagan pushed through two major tax bills, one in 1981 that was an across-the-board tax cut of about 23 percent and one in 1986 that lowered marginal rates while hacking away at the number of deductions. Because both bills lowered the top marginal tax rate -- it went from 70 percent in 1980 to 28 percent in 1987

You also need to remember Reagan had a tax and spend democrat house for most of his tenure. And the dems held the house and senate from 1957-1997 save six years where Republicans had the senate for 6 years. 40 years of control by democrats yet you blame the best POTUS of our time.

And before you cite Clintons "surplus" remember when that occurred Clinton had a Red house not a blue one. If not for that Clinton would have taxed us almost as much as Hussein.

BillT

QuoteA little history: Reagan pushed through two major tax bills, one in 1981 that was an across-the-board tax cut of about 23 percent and one in 1986 that lowered marginal rates while hacking away at the number of deductions. Because both bills lowered the top marginal tax rate -- it went from 70 percent in 1980 to 28 percent in 1987

This is where income inequality got its big push forward. Go 0.1%ers!!!

Mugwump

Jon