• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 07:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 538
Total: 538

Happy birthday Liz

Started by BallAquatics, December 15, 2015, 01:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

It's the 15th and officially Liz's birthday.  Hope you have an extra special day!   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

..yup, Happy birthday young lady............enjoy the day !!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Happy Birthday Liz. Have a great day. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hope it is a good day!  You share the day with Don Johnson (Miami Vice) who is 67.  I will call later.
Barb

PaulineMi

Happy birthday Liz. Hope you enjoy your day.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Rjb3

Marc (NJ)

John Patakos

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ms. Liz....i hope you have a wonderful day..
your birthday/christmas present was the recipe....lol

LizStreithorst

Thanks, everyone.  It's a nice day.  I only had one dog, a new customer with a Coton de Tueller.  The owner and I had a long talk on the phone yesterday.  The dog is 4 years old and had never had a hair cut.  She said that she brushes him herself, but I always take that with a huge grain of salt.  This  breed has a the reputation for having most difficult coat to keep up.  This time it turned out that the owner does indeed know what a brush out is.  There was some matting that she left for me, but I charged for the extra work.  She brought pics of what she wanted.  I left about 1 7/8" of hair on the dog .  He looked good and very natural.  She was delighted with his look and it will make maintaining the dog so much easier for her.  She will be a customer for life.

Then I paid my land taxes and bought a cloths dryer.  That put a hurtin' on my checking account balance but it had to be done, and now it's done.  The dryer will be delivered later today.

My last stop was at Chip's.  I said, "It's about The Beast and you're not going to like it."  He said, "Then why did you come here?"  I said. "Because you're stuck with me."  He thought that was funny :)  I told him the story but didn't offer y'alls suggestions because he is the expert.  He thinks that it is a bad wheel speed sensor.  He has vehicles waiting in line and asked me if I could wait until after Christmas which is not a problem.

I spoke to Shiny Man, too.  He knows that The Beast will be a huge job.  (Chip said that The Beast will take him 2 days :o).  Shiny man said that first he wants to see if he can make The Beast Shiny and then he will give me a price.  That sounds fair to me.  If he can't make The Beast glow I won't have to throw away my money on a big expensive job that doesn't delight me.

I'm booked solid at work tomorrow and Thursday and have lots of dogs scheduled for next week already.  I think that I will start telling new customers that I'm not taking new customers until after Christmas.  I have to save spots for my existing good customers and I know from experience that some of the new ones who want to get in just before a special holiday are walking disasters.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

A bad wheel speed sensor shouldn't cause your problem....the brakes should still work without it, but your ABS won't....I don't remember..is your ABS light coming on...?? 

here's an interesting article.....wonder if they bled the lines the last time you had brake work done..???

http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f802e8fea
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The ABS light came on the second time it happened about a year ago when I almost hit my horse in the butt.  It went out by the time I got to Chip's.  The first time it happened in a parking lot it didn't come on and this last time when it happened 5 times it never came on.  I suppose I should PM JR.  I hate to bother him :-[  Chip is good, but JR is God's gift to automobile mechanics.  Chip did bleed the breaks when he fixed my sticky calipers.  I know because I was there and watched.

LizStreithorst

this is not a crisis, just a disappointment...The guy came with the dryer and got it in and ready to go and it would not start.  We checked all the breakers and none had tripped.  that 220 outlet  had power to it when I tried to use the broken dryer that would not get hot.  Now nothing...He said that he could check it if I had a volt meter but I don't have that :-[  It's unlikely that the problem is with the dryer itself.  It's also unlikely that it's a problem with my wiring because it worked a few months ago.  I have a call in to Mr. Brady, a nice electrition in Ellisville who once helped me when everything in the working area of my shop quit working.  He'll call me back soon.  He was in the middle of an emergency when I called  him:-[