• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 09:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

Slow day, having trouble getting motivated

Started by BallAquatics, August 09, 2016, 04:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

LizStreithorst

I hate that you're so down,  The only thing to do is push through.  Personal experience don't ya know.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...had motor trouble early myself......but got it running on pot #2.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

After the AC guy left I didn't feel up to doing anything. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on August 09, 2016, 04:37:37 PM
...had motor trouble early myself......but got it running on pot #2.....LOL

Not sure if I just killed pot #2 or #3.  Started early in the fish room and lost track...  LOL

Dennis

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 09, 2016, 04:47:30 PM
After the AC guy left I didn't feel up to doing anything. huh

I've got a system down with the AC here.....  Turn it on around 8:00PM and let it get down to 70.  If I remember, I turn it off just before bed...  If not, first thing in the morning.  This house is very tight and well insulated.  Also being out in the country and in a heavily shaded area helps too.  At any rate, it takes it all day for the temps to slowly rise to the upper 70's by the time it's ready to be turned back on the next evening.

Without all the medical equipment running, I've got the electric bill down below $200 a month.  I'm shooting for even lower.....  may have to shuffle some of the computer equipment around.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Now that it has gotten so hot, I set the thermostat to 80 during the day so the dogs don't suffer.  When I get home from work I put it down to 78.  I try to stay up late enough at night so that it is cooler outside.  I open the doors and bedroom windows so I can drift off to sleep listening to the frogs sing.  I don't need it as cool as most folks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2016, 06:03:55 PM
Now that it has gotten so hot, I set the thermostat to 80 during the day so the dogs don't suffer.  When I get home from work I put it down to 78.  I try to stay up late enough at night so that it is cooler outside.  I open the doors and bedroom windows so I can drift off to sleep listening to the frogs sing.  I don't need it as cool as most folks.

...we just set the thermostat for 73/74 all year round.....when needed....otherwise the windows are wide open....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 09, 2016, 07:49:32 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2016, 06:03:55 PM

...we just set the thermostat for 73/74 all year round.....when needed....otherwise the windows are wide open....

I am 73/74 all year round too.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 09, 2016, 08:29:55 PM

I couldn't possibly do that.....  just too many buttons on the thermostat begging to be fiddled with!  LOL

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2016, 07:42:49 AM

I couldn't possibly do that.....  just too many buttons on the thermostat begging to be fiddled with!  LOL

Dennis

I only use one button. every time I touch one on those programming buttons I screw everything up. huh
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 10, 2016, 08:15:42 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2016, 07:42:49 AM

Dennis

I only use one button. every time I touch one on those programming buttons I screw everything up. huh
You guys sound like me!!!   :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron