• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 12:03:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 536
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 533
Total: 533

SNOW ????????

Started by Mugwump, November 13, 2014, 03:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

We has a slow falling thick rain (Not quite flurries) in Northern Delaware last night . No site of snow anywhere around me this morning. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Next 2 days are to be clear and cold. REALLY unusual for this time of year. Usually raining and moderate temps.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Quote from: Bushkill on November 14, 2014, 08:31:54 AM
The great state of Northeast Pennsyltucky checking in with about an inch on the grass and trees. Nice wet sticky stuff.

All elevation-related; if you drive uphill you drive into the white stuff, downhill it was just a mist.

Took about 2 hours to get home last night and I wasn't a happy camper. Jon, it takes more than a few snows for people to learn. Some never do.

Driving to work this AM as the sun came up was actually really quite a sighe. I drive through a good stretch of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area on the way to work to stay clear of the loonies on some of the local roads. On a typical morning I don't even cross paths with another vehicle for a half hour. So on mornings like this it's like driving through a postcard.
My son just moved to Hummelstown PA from the LA area. Hummelstown is in southeast PA. Driving there from  Michigan over the weekend took us through the mountains. We experienced  the elevation-related snow squalls you commented on. Totally clear and dry at the lower elevations.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

GeorgeG

I feel sorry you folks are getting snow already and it getting so cold. When I was in the Air Force I spent 3 years in Minot, North Dakota so I know the cold. When I retired from the Air Force in 1996 I decided to stay in Arizona but thought about going back to Seattle,WA but changed my mind. It was a nice 70 degrees here today/

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on November 14, 2014, 07:27:36 PM
I feel sorry you folks are getting snow already and it getting so cold. When I was in the Air Force I spent 3 years in Minot, North Dakota so I know the cold. When I retired from the Air Force in 1996 I decided to stay in Arizona but thought about going back to Seattle,WA but changed my mind. It was a nice 70 degrees here today/

My brother, & wife, is near Phoenix....loves it...but wants to back to Boston anyway. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Bushkill

Today's prayer:

Thank you Good Lord for giving me the wisdom to not live in Buffalo and please watch over and care for my snow-bound brethren in their time of need.

I vividly recall the year we got in the area of 12 feet of snow. Had snow on the lawn in May. But I just can't wrap my head around 9 feet of snow in a week.

Sheesh!

PaulineMi

Heard on the news that roofs are starting to collapse under the weight of the snow out there. A nursing home had to be evacuated when cracks began appearing in the walls.

Truly awful stuff going on.....
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

A bunch of us used to 'ride' out to the local area farms in western N Y, and shovel the farm house doors open, and clean a few roofs off.....a fun day...lots of hot cocoa and fresh hot cookies from the farmers wives... ;D   we knew them all because our farm friends were bused to school every day...my brothers girl friend lived out there too...so we'd do Caroline's house first....he he...

Those snows would actually bury some of those big old homes....up over the roof, and all....the 'ride' was a horse drawn hay wagon...straw and all... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson