• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 03:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 819
Total: 819

SNOW ????????

Started by Mugwump, November 13, 2014, 03:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..looks to be more light snow headed this way....it's dropping into the 'teens' tonight also.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

No snow for us, but tonight will be our first hard freeze.  Goodbye to the last of my summer flowers.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Same here.  26 degrees tonight and it will get worse and stay bad for a week.  At least no snow.  I didn't move to Mississippi to see snow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

We may see some wet snow. ??? ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

I snowed hard here a few times today but only for short periods each time. No accumulation......yet.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 13, 2014, 04:59:08 PM
I snowed hard here a few times today but only for short periods each time. No accumulation......yet.

Same here......dusts the roads and grass pretty good then melts off...even tho it's been in the 20's, the ground is still a bit warm....by this weekend it won't be tho...just in time for our supposed first accumulating snow....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We have the local news on. The slight accumulation of snow in Lansing has resulted in several accidents and road closures. Even I-69 is closed. People forget how to drive when we have the first couple of snows each winter.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

EdKaz

Yup.......... we got some "light" snow  today too.

Local news reporting Cars, like pin balls bouncing off guardrails, and in ditches along the interstate.....TYPICAL of first snows.

It snowed pretty good a couple times. We didnt get much, but enough to Ice up both I-80 and I-39......and close portions down due to the wrecks for a while around here this afternoon.

Mugwump

I try to stay home for the first few snows.....idiots are driving like it's summer out there.....crazy  :o
Jon

Ron Sower

ilroost and Ed...Would you mind putting your city and state in your profile so when I read what's going on in your area, I know what the area is?  I would love it and I promise not to make jokes about your state (unless maybe it's West Virginia - and even then I probably wouldn't 'cause I respect everyone on our forum...and sometimes ya just can't help where you live and how you got there!)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

Just checking to see if i fiqured out how to do that

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on November 13, 2014, 07:52:34 PM

LOL... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ..perfect !  ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: ilroost on November 13, 2014, 07:52:34 PM
Great! Thank you! Now I can place you... ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Bushkill

The great state of Northeast Pennsyltucky checking in with about an inch on the grass and trees. Nice wet sticky stuff.

All elevation-related; if you drive uphill you drive into the white stuff, downhill it was just a mist.

Took about 2 hours to get home last night and I wasn't a happy camper. Jon, it takes more than a few snows for people to learn. Some never do.

Driving to work this AM as the sun came up was actually really quite a sighe. I drive through a good stretch of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area on the way to work to stay clear of the loonies on some of the local roads. On a typical morning I don't even cross paths with another vehicle for a half hour. So on mornings like this it's like driving through a postcard.