• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:06:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Quiet Monday Morning

Started by wsantia1, January 31, 2022, 07:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. All of the snow plows are gone so it is much quieter around here today. We still have snow on the ground but it is frozen solid and will stay that way because our forecasted high temp of 34 degrees will not melt much of it.

I've been very careful over the past three days walking while Kobe in the snow so that I would not take a bad step and fall. While working in the fishroom earlier this morning I attempted to sit in my wheeled chair it moved on me.

I fell on my tail bone on the hard concrete floor without being able to brace myself. huh I am not really hurt but I feel sore so I hope it does not feel worse later on. huh I can't catch a break.

I hope that you all get off to a better start to your day than I did. I'll give an update later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Goodness, Willie!...that probably will feel bad later on, but I hope not...I've done that a couple times in my fishroom, but manage to grab the chair and "ride it down"...

59 here right now...high s/b about 69 later with sunny skies...

We were following 3 teams this year that we like...Seahawks, Cardinals & Chiefs...yesterday was our last Super Bowl hope with the Chiefs and that hope was dashed... :( ...we'll, maybe we'll enjoy the commercials!... :D

I'm going to get started today on prepping for our swap meet...I'll clean up some used stuff to sell...maybe start printing some labels too...

You all have a great and happy aquariuming day!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Oh no Willie, after being so careful outside, then to fall indoors. I hope all you will have is a bruise.  Let us know how you do, you know we here are concerned about each other.  When I fell over one of my cats, Oct 2020, onto my floor which is only vinyl over concrete, I sure thought I was hurt.  But after awhile all the aches went away.  Hope the same for you.

Wondering if Martha will be able to fly into then out of Boston this Wed.  Liz will let us know when she can, she and Martha are computer shopping today at Best Buy.  Liz plans to set it all up herself.  She doesn't have all the stuff to transfer like I did 2 weeks ago with my new one. 

It is 50 here right now but feels much colder.  I still have ice on my roof in a shady spot, that has been there for 11 days.  This is Winter, so I won't complain.  Just saying I can hardly wait for Spring!  Hope you all have a good day, and Willie rest up that tailbone!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Oh Willie. I hope you didn't break it.  I understand that a broken tail bone is terribly painful.

I went to Best Buy  wiha Martha this morning.  The nine lady who help me told that with money I can buy a nice laptop that will last forever while a CP for the same money wouldn't last fo years and years.  The one that suited me the best won't come in for 2 or3 days.  But I saw and liked the one they had on display and I liked it.
That means I'll be mostly silent for a couple days.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hey Ron Barb and Liz, thanks for the concern. Luckily for me I didn't break anything and I a just a little sore. It hasn't stopped me from working on my guppy and shrimp tanks.

I am breaking down a heavily java mossed 5 gallon tank and it is tedious work trying to work through it. I probably will have to start a new tank from scratch because this tank has those limpets (flat snails) that I hate. After culling I probably will have to go with another 5 gallon tank until the population rebounds.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.