• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 04:40:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 596
Total: 596

No More Mr Nice Guy

Started by LizStreithorst, May 15, 2015, 03:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Almost every day for the past 3 or 4 weeks I've had a full day booked at work and had 1 or 2 no shows each day.  The exception was yesterday when I decided to solve the problem by booking an extra dog.  Guess what?  They all showed up.  3 were big fat stupid hairy things that if I didn't hold up with my left arm would immediately plop down on their stomachs.  There is a limit to the amount of grooming you can do on a non stander upper without a good strong left arm.  I was so pooped yesterday that I didn't even do a WC.  I was in bed while it was still light out :-[

This is what I've decided to do.  These ones that are habitual no shows I will tell when they call again that they have 2 choices.  Either they can find another groomer or come in and pre pay for their next appointment.  For everybody else I will print up notices and hand them out at their next appointment.  They can cancel without penalty if they call the day before.  That way I avoid posting a sign, which I hate, and they won't have the excuse that they didn't see the sign ;)  If anyone has a better suggestion I am open to it. 

I will make an exception for my old lady who has obviously had a mini stroke.  I know because after having used me for many years had to call to ask where I'd moved my shop.  I haven't moved.  She'd been driving around and around the block on my street and my shop is one block down.  She's forgotten every time I haven't been able to get her in the same day.  She was supposed to come Wed and forgot and called Thursday for an appointment.  I didn't have anything open until nest Tuesday and she made an appointment for then which I was sure she'd forget.  This morning I had a cancellation so I called her and asked her if she'd like to bring Francis in today.  she said yes.  I said, "have him here by 12"  She forgot, but it's not her fault.   She takes good care of her dog and never used to do this.  With her, when she calls, if I can't get her in the same day I will call her the morning of her appointment and have her bring the dog in right away even if I can't get to it until afternoon.

Sorry for the rant.  Today was the last straw.  I booked just 6 dogs because I was pooped.  My morning dogs all showed up.  Only 1 was time consuming, a Bichon in a show trim.  None of the afternoon dogs showed up.  This lack of respect on my clients part costs me money and I've had enough.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Folks can only take advantage of you as long as you let them.....I agree with you, time to shake the tree.....go get em girl.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson