• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 770
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 765
Total: 766

Jeeze....

Started by LizStreithorst, May 11, 2015, 02:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I thought that all I had to do was call TEC.com and tell them I wanted their internet service and it would be a done deal.  NOT SO  They needed a copy of my deed and a notarized right of way so they can dig from my phone box to my house.  They need either do a credit check  or have me pay a $100. deposit.  I opted for the credit check because I'd like to know what my score is.  It should be good because I'm good at paying.  Then it will take 5 to 7 days for them to show up to dig.  Then they need to check with me to see when I'll be home so they can come in and hook everything up. 

It was almost but not quite enough to make me stick with the satellite which is a piece of shit.  The satellite sucks big time.  Not only is it painfully slow, I'm slam out of luck when the rain comes from the West, and 99% of the time it comes from the West.  Later today when this bad weather from Texas hits my internet connection will be lost ::)  I'll be happier with the new service and it will cost no more monthly.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

I've got FIOS for phone and internet and Dish for TV. Dish isn't too bad. Just seems expensive to me is all. If I do the triple play with FIOS the cost would be less for sure. Until you start adding up the box fees, taxes, ancillary fees they charge because they can and it works out to be about the same as what I pay now for all 3. Why bother? I've got the 280 (no HBO ShowTIme etc) something channel deal and only watch 5-10 channels at most and none of them are sports. They got ya by the uhm, uhm hangy downs.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I don't even have hangy dowies and they've got me by nonexistent ones.  I lived very close to civilization once.  I had glorious cable that cost about $20. a month.  I called, they showed up and connected it.  No deed.  No notarized  right of way, just called and POOF, done.  There are draw backs to living where nobody can find me, but the draw backs are worth it. 

The lady I spoke to on the phone said that after I paid the initial fees ($36 to install a jack in the fish room, and $69. for the modem, and their might be something else that I don't remember) It will cost me $56 a month.  I'm not quite sure I believe her because I was told by somebody else at the same place that I need to have a home phone which costs another $20 a month.  This lady says that I don't.  They dig the long trench for free, and will be a very long trench because the old phone box was by my house that Katrina killed.   Considering all the work they will have to do this is a good deal.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 11, 2015, 03:55:24 PM
I don't even have hangy dowies and they've got me by nonexistent ones.  I lived very close to civilization once.  I had glorious cable that cost about $20. a month.  I called, they showed up and connected it.  No deed.  No notarized  right of way, just called and POOF, done.  There are draw backs to living where nobody can find me, but the draw backs are worth it. 

The lady I spoke to on the phone said that after I paid the initial fees ($36 to install a jack in the fish room, and $69. for the modem, and their might be something else that I don't remember) It will cost me $56 a month.  I'm not quite sure I believe her because I was told by somebody else at the same place that I need to have a home phone which costs another $20 a month.  This lady says that I don't.  They dig the long trench for free, and will be a very long trench because the old phone box was by my house that Katrina killed.   Considering all the work they will have to do this is a good deal.

They tried the land line phone junk on us too....but all you need is the presence of the line....no phone service required.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 11, 2015, 03:58:26 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 11, 2015, 03:55:24 PM

they told my neighbor that he needed a land line phone, too.  I called and asked him because I couldn't understand why a home phone was necessary.  I'll have to tell him that he's paying $20. a month extra that he neither needs nor wants.  I haven't decided yet whether this phone company wants to rip off or ft most of the people answering the phones there are just incompetent.  I'm hoping that it's the latter.  It's Bay Springs Phone Company.  They only serve a very small area.

They tried the land line phone junk on us too....but all you need is the presence of the line....no phone service required.....

BallAquatics

They normally have a machine that cuts a slice in the ground and inserts the cable..... very quick and efficient.  If done correctly you can't even tell they buried a cable.....

Dennis