• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:00:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 774
Total: 774

Road tested the 90

Started by GraphicGr8s, May 02, 2015, 07:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Might have a pair that I could part with.....anything special in mind ???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

In all seriousness right now I have absolutely nothing in mind for the tank. I've got 5-6 angels in a 55 planted that has no filtration that may go in here for giggles to see if anything happens. I can't spend money on fish now if I want to live much longer.

But just out of curiosity how much are we talking about for pairs? Just out of curiosity of course.

;)
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I'm sure that Mug's will be expensive than mine.  I don't want to give you a heart attack, but mine are $150 plus shipping plus sweet talk.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 04, 2015, 03:43:16 PM
I'm sure that Mug's will be expensive than mine.  I don't want to give you a heart attack, but mine are $150 plus shipping plus sweet talk.

I am sure they are worth it Liz. But if I spend that much on 2 fish I won't have to worry about a heart attack. More like a wife attack.  :)
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

I might be able to drum up a $75 pair??.....shipping around $20-25.....??....but, yep, I do have some of those more expensive pairs too...best bet for you is to grab some fry and grow em out over the summer....let em pair up, then sell the rest to make a few $$$'s too....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Well where I put the tank had no outlet. That problem was solved today and the circuit now has GFCI. Tomorrow gravel, water, rocks and plants will probably go in.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on May 09, 2015, 10:43:10 PM
Well where I put the tank had no outlet. That problem was solved today and the circuit now has GFCI. Tomorrow gravel, water, rocks and plants will probably go in.

Nice....grab some pics of the set up too....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Gravel, plants, driftwood went in yesterday. Even started filling it up. Then the driftwood floated and decided not to stay down no matter what I put on the slate it is screwed to. I'm getting even tonight. I got slate. Heavy slate. I dare it to float after getting screwed to this slate. If it does I see a 44 magnum heading its way.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on May 11, 2015, 02:24:02 PM
Gravel, plants, driftwood went in yesterday. Even started filling it up. Then the driftwood floated and decided not to stay down no matter what I put on the slate it is screwed to. I'm getting even tonight. I got slate. Heavy slate. I dare it to float after getting screwed to this slate. If it does I see a 44 magnum heading its way.

LOL.......dang wood has a mind of it's own sometimes, huh?
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Ain't that the truth. Got in some vals, bacopa monnieri, and another stem whose name slips my mind. Also some java fern and some anubias. Maybe I'll put in some crypts I have in a farm tank. Not sure yet though.
Hopefully I can get the boy fed and on his homework while I work on it a bit. Or maybe let him out with me and we can both "work" on it.

GraphicGr8s

Well I put both pieces onto one larger piece of slate. So far so good. No artillery needed. Will try to get a picture one of these days.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on May 12, 2015, 08:39:22 AM
Well I put both pieces onto one larger piece of slate. So far so good. No artillery needed. Will try to get a picture one of these days.

Here's hoping that it stays down now..... ;D
Jon

GraphicGr8s

It looked pretty nice setup. I'm not too great with aquascaping but I liked it.