• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:35:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 749
Total: 749

Road tested the 90

Started by GraphicGr8s, May 02, 2015, 07:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

So I got this 90 drilled tank for free a couple years ago. Finally bought a steel stand for her. Got the neighbor to help get it on the stand. And filled her up on the front porch of the fish house to test it out. Might just pull a Mugs and leave it there over the summer and put some angels in it.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on May 02, 2015, 07:50:38 PM
So I got this 90 drilled tank for free a couple years ago. Finally bought a steel stand for her. Got the neighbor to help get it on the stand. And filled her up on the front porch of the fish house to test it out. Might just pull a Mugs and leave it there over the summer and put some angels in it.

My tank temp was up to 78-80 deg's today.... ;D   I may need to cover/shade the south side glass a bit...??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

You may need to get some form of canopy over it to prevent it from getting too hot.  Mine is under cover with an east exposure.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on May 02, 2015, 08:12:23 PM
You may need to get some form of canopy over it to prevent it from getting too hot.  Mine is under cover with an east exposure.

The top will have floating plants. The early sun doesn't hit the east end of the tank til mid/late morn'n because of the deck shade....but the south side gets a bunch most the day....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

I fear you may have a green soup project as summer comes nigh.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on May 02, 2015, 08:21:48 PM
I fear you may have a green soup project as summer comes nigh.

Easy water changes outside......water out to garden, water in from hose......a spawn of bn's eat'n all the algae that they want... ;D.....(4) sponges, easy to squeeze....one dble 'hot' filter with floss for debris....it'll be fine....glass has algae, water crystal clear....I'll keep a close eye on it too.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Obviously this tank is a pet.  You have given her a gender.  Have you named her yet?  I think that Natalie would be nice.  I have no idea why :o
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 02, 2015, 09:03:15 PM
Obviously this tank is a pet.  You have given her a gender.  Have you named her yet?  I think that Natalie would be nice.  I have no idea why :o

This tank is a tank. Nothing more. Nothing less. "She" is a term used for ages when referring to certain items. A machine is always a "she".  Even Scotty called the Enterprise "she". So did Captain Kirk and many others.

There is a similarity to "shes" but that's another thread.

Heck even oil wells and geysers are called "she"

GraphicGr8s

Well it seems to hold water. Drained it and will get it cleaned up and gravel put in with rocks, plants, etc. Now what kind of fish? Hmm.

LizStreithorst

Discus, Rams, snots, and buggers (Sterbai}

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Angels maybe. Not getting into discus. Or rams.

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on May 04, 2015, 11:55:42 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on May 04, 2015, 11:54:26 AM
Angels maybe. Not getting into discus. Or rams.

;D

Anyone know where I can get some breeders?  ;)

LizStreithorst

I have a pair of HB parent raisers that I would part with for a pretty penny but you will have to butter me up pretty good :P