• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 08:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 613
Total: 613

Rain???????????????

Started by Mugwump, October 13, 2014, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..sure looks like it, huh???....won't be long....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yeah it sure looks like it.  Did you make enough room for the expectant fry? ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 13, 2014, 10:37:28 AM
Yeah it sure looks like it.  Did you make enough room for the expectant fry? ;D ;D ;D

Why yes I did....LOL....(2)  55's, and a 60 breeder will ready after some water changes  ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 13, 2014, 11:24:46 AM
That sounds real good. ;D

oops....make that (3) 55's plus a 60 breeder... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dang,  As soon as I have an open tank there are other fish in great need of more elbow.  I haven't had an empty tank for as long as I can remember. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 13, 2014, 03:09:10 PM
Dang,  As soon as I have an open tank there are other fish in great need of more elbow.  I haven't had an empty tank for as long as I can remember.

Sold a few at the QC swap, had some folks buy here....had a few that weren't populated very much.....so in short got rid of some, consolidated a few....culled some.....voila!!!! tank space temporarily.... ;D...remember I have a few more tanks than you do too......happy happy happy  ;D
And now, I have two tanks of new fry that need space, and a tank that needs the fry split up for more space, and shortly two more tanks of fry that will need space.....poof, it's really an illusion, huh?  LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on October 13, 2014, 04:33:48 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 13, 2014, 03:09:10 PM

Sold a few at the QC swap, had some folks buy here....had a few that weren't populated very much.....so in short got rid of some, consolidated a few....culled some.....voila!!!! tank space temporarily.... ;D...remember I have a few more tanks than you do too......happy happy happy  ;D
And now, I have two tanks of new fry that need space, and a tank that needs the fry split up for more space, and shortly two more tanks of fry that will need space.....poof, it's really an illusion, huh?  LOL

It is an illusion.  Thank God I don't want more tanks. No matter the number of tanks we have we will fill an empty one as soon as it's vacant.  It's the curse of the hobbyist breeder ;)

Barb

Liz, are you in line for this bad storm?  Looks like it is going right over you soon?
Barb

LizStreithorst

These things are so hit and miss, Barb.  It's bad north of here, but I heard about a tornado warnings on the coast,  I don't care about weather.  All I ask of weather now is if it takes my house it takes me with it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 13, 2014, 06:14:20 PM
These things are so hit and miss, Barb.  It's bad north of here, but I heard about a tornado warnings on the coast,  I don't care about weather.  All I ask of weather now is if it takes my house it takes me with it.

See ya in "Oz' , Liz.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....don't forget to take the dogs to see the wizard,,
Jon

LizStreithorst

There are big boomers right now.  Hard rain has appeared form nowhere.  Now lightening and even bigger boomers.  My dogs aren't happy about it but I love it.  Bring it on Mother Nature.  I don't know why but I love a good storm.

LizStreithorst

They say there are big bad thunder storms coming to me in about half an hour :)  They were wrong.  They're here now.  It's great.  I want more!

Barb

Liz, you are braver than I.  Storms terrify me.  I am surrounded by other houses, hundreds of people and I am still afraid of them.  You, all alone out there, well you are very brave!  Hope you don't see the Wiz of Oz!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 13, 2014, 07:03:52 PM
They say there are big bad thunder storms coming to me in about half an hour :)  They were wrong.  They're here now.  It's great.  I want more!

......I'm a huge liker of extreme weather.......thunder storms, blizzards, tornados, you name it....just something about natural having her way with us......??? I've been that way since I was a kid, we raised our sons that way too...especially Mike, our oldest, they run and awaken us in the middle of the night,,,yelling 'thunder and lightening' over and over......we'd all get up and watch the storm out the window, with the lights off...... ;D
Jon