• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 04:45:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 593
Total: 593

Dupage all animal expo...

Started by Mugwump, October 04, 2014, 03:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jan and I, drove over to the Dupage fairgrounds today, to attend this event. It's set up like a swap/flea market. There were tons of vendors, reptiles led the way...no fish, but some used tanks and equip were for sale, we saw boas, lizards, chickens, rabbits, hedgehogs, and others..they had dog breeders too....we fell for a little shitzopoodle that was a cutie,,tan and cuddlly at 0-10 wks old....we didn't get it tho....but we're having second thoughts...LOL
We saw Steve and shot the breeze for awhile too... ;D..good to see him again... ;D
We, also, had stopped at the bldg next door that was having a bird swap....interesting things there too.....lots of variety, but no parrotlets....

fun day topped off with some very good pulled pork and coleslaw ...yum.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

Good seeing you guys again too Jon.  We talked about you and Jan doing this swap and I was just thinking it would be great for you guys if you could get together with another local fish breeder or two and kind of make a fish corner.  The more of you there are the bigger impact it would make.  I'm not just talking about sharing a table though, getting a couple of tables would make it stand out more.  I know I've seen several people attending both fish and reptile swaps so there is crossover.  It would probably be a slow build though and I kind of forgot to tell you most people there are looking for a real good deal.  Not that your fish aren't a good deal but I am talking some real cheapskates.  If they are not going to a swap looking for fish and fish stuff you practically have to knock them over the head to get them to buy even if it is a good deal.  I was selling some filter cartridges once and a lady said to her friend "wow look at these, that's a great price, I need some too"  as they started walking away her friend said "aren't you going to get any'   she replied "nah, I'm here to buy reptile stuff not fish stuff"  Go figure.  I hope she paid double at Petco.

Tough loss today.  I didn't watch but it sounds a lot like the Packer game.  Dominated the stats but still found a way to throw it away.  At least the Lions lost.  Could be a battle for the division.  A three way battle anyway.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

PaulineMi

The Lions didn't just lose...they gifted the game away. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I know Steve, if the Bears ever figure out how to play the 2nd half, they'd be dangerous...it wasn't pretty..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson