• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 03:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 603
Total: 603

Kitchen work...

Started by Mugwump, August 18, 2014, 05:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 22, 2014, 06:30:09 PM
They are beautiful, Mug.  I am particularly envious of your stove.  You did all the hooking up to water and gas yourself?  I know it's all just simple plumbing, but I've never plumbed gas.  I'd be afraid :-[

I considered stainless when I had this house built.  My problem with it is that it shows every finger print.  I opted for stuff that looked like stainless but is not.  I like all except the stove.  The oven get hotter than the thermostat says which I've learned to adjust for.  What bugs me most is that the adjustment on the burners isn't as sensitive as I'd prefer.

The newer Stn Stl used is pretty much finger print proof....gas lines aren't bad, ours is ancient...they ran the 5/8" stuff tight up to the stove area...but no reducer for replacing the flex hose....LOL....once I realized what they did....a little Teflon tape, the right reducer, boomba...it all came together....haven't tried the oven cooking yet...old one was about 20 deg hotter....we almost got the convection oven.....but decided that we're used to the conventional types..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I didn't know that about the new stainless.  My neighbor just totally redid her kitchen.  Her old used brick floor is to die for.  She put in stainless steel appliances and I thought about finger prints but didn't say a word.  Her kitchen cabinet doors will be in Monday.

From what you said, I could do gas if I looked at it carefully.  It's just simple plubing.  Still, I'm happy that I have not had to.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 22, 2014, 06:51:37 PM
I didn't know that about the new stainless.  My neighbor just totally redid her kitchen.  Her old used brick floor is to die for.  She put in stainless steel appliances and I thought about finger prints but didn't say a word.  Her kitchen cabinet doors will be in Monday.

From what you said, I could do gas if I looked at it carefully.  It's just simple plubing.  Still, I'm happy that I have not had to.

I've run gas pipe too...not hard at all, little pipe dope, and get your measurements right, it slips right together....bing-bada-boom... ;D
the new stainless cleans up with a wipe...but if you put stn polish on it, you created an unneeded maintenance step for future cleaning.....soft damp rag...vroom, it shines anew....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wiggs

Did you notice that the old -1970`s- wall paper was coming off? I will be taking it all down and painting the walls. It makes the small kitchen look bigger then with the wall paper. I also want to refinish the cabinets and put in a new floor. The old carpet is going. I will be doing this a little at a time as it doesn`t need to be all done in a time frame.  The cabinets are solid wood and don`t need to be replaced, just fixed up a little. Jon and I want the floor to look like hardwood,but it will be the fake stuff which is better for a kitchen, I think, I will be looking into it. also I saw on HGTV where they have kits to redo countertops. I will look into that also, as they are old looking. Hopefully all this will be done by Spring,  and we will have a new kitchen! Then it will be the bathroom next---LOL--- 
Jan

Mugwump

Bathroom too...?????......*groan*...... ;D
Jon

wiggs

And we have to get Matt (our middle son)  and finish painting --the Hallway ,Front room and Dining room,& also put in new back door ! ---LOL Did you say that I retired? HA!   
Jan

Mugwump

Jon

PaulineMi

The "honey do" list grows.....lol   ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

You will love your new kitchen!  And I look forward to hearing about all the good food coming out of it.  Jan, I see you are keeping busy now that you are retired!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on August 23, 2014, 07:06:39 AM
You will love your new kitchen!  And I look forward to hearing about all the good food coming out of it.  Jan, I see you are keeping busy now that you are retired!
Barb

She's keeping busy ????????.....LOL
Jon