• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 07:00:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 609
Total: 610

Kitchen work...

Started by Mugwump, August 18, 2014, 05:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...We got the new dishwasher all installed... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...The old one was a 'Kitchen-aid' , the installer said it was the oldest dishwasher that he's ever replaced....LOL...but that to be still even running well was a testament to how well it was built.
...the new one is a Samsung and is 'energy-star' ....estimated cost $25-$30 a year to run....I swear we can't even hear this thing run...it's that quiet.........just wow!!!....LOL us old folks sure are easy to get excited, huh??....LOL...the new stove and refrigerator are coming on Friday....we can't wait !!!! LOL....it's 'freak'n' party time........ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

we might pull up chairs and watch the rinse cycle...it has blue lights on the panel and a soft little chime when done....shazam!!!...ya can't beat that... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....I hope that I can sleep tonight after all this..... 8) 

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Nice looking dish washer Jon. lol :D :D :D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

This is one post that made me really laugh out loud.  Mostly because it's so true.  Ya know, those of us who remember dial phones with party lines, phone booths (think of all the germs!), no seat belts, etc can get excited over this new fangled stuff.  LOL... ::) ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

I am excited for Jon & Jan. ;D I'm reminded of when my mom and dad bought our first washing machine. it was a wringer washer.  it sure beat the hell out of the wash board. lol. it would pass the safety test today. :o ;D
Willie

LizStreithorst

About a year and a half ago I bought a new washer and dryer.  They're not beautiful like Jon's dish washer but they worked!  I had a "stack" before.  It was garbage.  First the dryer quit which was OK until I had to go through the winter months without it.  It took 3 days for laundry to dry on the line!  Then in mid summer, the washer quit, too!  I'd already promised myself that I'd buy new before the next winter and after doing the laundromat a few times, I did it!  I still only use the dryer in the winter.  I kinda like hanging out laundry.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 19, 2014, 12:27:03 PM
This is one post that made me really laugh out loud.  Mostly because it's so true.  Ya know, those of us who remember dial phones with party lines, phone booths (think of all the germs!), no seat belts, etc can get excited over this new fangled stuff.  LOL... ::) ;D ;D

oh yeah, did I mention the blue lights...LOL...plus it's all electronic programming ....wheeeeee ;D...and the silverware, plates, etal...just sparkle  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

JR

Patty never let me mess with the appliances. She bought all new stainless steel appliances a few year back. I have not used the dishwasher yet because I don't know how. LOL
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on August 19, 2014, 09:33:55 PM
Patty never let me mess with the appliances. She bought all new stainless steel appliances a few year back. I have not used the dishwasher yet because I don't know how. LOL

LOL.....google the manual... ;D ;D ;D ;D  ...you don't need 'dish pan' hands.....LOL.....now that's an old term.. ;D
Jon

Mugwump

The new stove and refrigerator were delivered late this morning.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I popped a new gas flex hose on the stove, and finished the connections for the water line to the 'fridge'...still waiting for the air in the line to clear out...but it's finally made a half dozen ice cubes now....water in the door still isn't running fast enough yet.....

here's the old/new stoves
Jon

Mugwump

Here's the old/new fridge's......

Jon

wsantia1

That looks very nice Jon. ;D ;D ;D Plenty of room on that stove and and in that fridge too.  How big is that freezer? ;D 8)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 22, 2014, 06:11:41 PM
That looks very nice Jon. ;D ;D ;D Plenty of room on that stove and and in that fridge too.  How big is that freezer? ;D 8)

I think it's a total of 20 cu ft...not a huge one by any means...but then again..only two of us, and we have a chest freezer in the basement ;D ....we did put back all what was in there and have room for double that....even with ice maker.....stove has five burners.... ;D....one's a cyclops...dead middle...LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

They are beautiful, Mug.  I am particularly envious of your stove.  You did all the hooking up to water and gas yourself?  I know it's all just simple plumbing, but I've never plumbed gas.  I'd be afraid :-[

I considered stainless when I had this house built.  My problem with it is that it shows every finger print.  I opted for stuff that looked like stainless but is not.  I like all except the stove.  The oven get hotter than the thermostat says which I've learned to adjust for.  What bugs me most is that the adjustment on the burners isn't as sensitive as I'd prefer.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 22, 2014, 06:27:02 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 22, 2014, 06:11:41 PM

I think it's a total of 20 cu ft...not a huge one by any means...but then again..only two of us, and we have a chest freezer in the basement ;D ....we did put back all what was in there and have room for double that....even with ice maker.....stove has five burners.... ;D....one's a cyclops...dead middle...LOL

You guys did real good. Enjoy.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie