• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 07:55:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 739
Total: 739

Smokey Paraiba Spawn

Started by wsantia1, April 20, 2014, 02:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Well my Paraiba pair decided to spawn again.  For one reason or another I haven't raised anything from this pair. ::) I remember their 1st spawn being kind of weak with no survivors.  :o

I kind of wanted the plats to be the first spawn I raise out here. I see Paraiba at the LFS' out here all the time. Never see any plats. I'll have to sleep on what I'm going to do with this spawn.  :-\
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 20, 2014, 02:30:13 PM
Well my Paraiba pair decided to spawn again.  For one reason or another I haven't raised anything from this pair. ::) I remember their 1st spawn being kind of weak with no survivors.  :o

I kind of wanted the plats to be the first spawn I raise out here. I see Paraiba at the LFS' out here all the time. Never see any plats. I'll have to sleep on what I'm going to do with this spawn.  :-\

Well the Smokey Paraibas ate their spawn (ok with me) and the Plats are spawning right now.  I am now in position to pull this Plat spawn. I was worried that something would happen to this female and I would lose the line. 

Hopefully, I now have the next generation (got rid of all of her previous young) to work with.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2014, 12:33:24 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 20, 2014, 02:30:13 PM

Spawn Pulled LOL. ;D ;D ;D

Well the Smokey Paraibas ate their spawn (ok with me) and the Plats are spawning right now.  I am now in position to pull this Plat spawn. I was worried that something would happen to this female and I would lose the line. 

Hopefully, I now have the next generation (got rid of all of her previous young) to work with.
Willie

Mugwump

..good luck!!!!  ;D.....find a Plat to cross in the line out there...maybe even a veil??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 23, 2014, 04:17:32 PM
..good luck!!!!  ;D.....find a Plat to cross in the line out there...maybe even a veil??

That's by next move.  I was also thinking of using that single Plat male with a female Smokey Paraiba.

I think I would get some Platinum Ghost because I think my Paraibas have a dose of gold.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2014, 04:25:08 PM

That's by next move.  I was also thinking of using that single Plat male with a female Smokey Paraiba.

I think I would get some Platinum Ghost because I think my Paraibas have a dose of gold.

.....that'll work, if there's a gold in there...you won't get many, but enough....it'll refresh the pariaba line too... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 23, 2014, 04:30:09 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2014, 04:25:08 PM

.....that'll work, if there's a gold in there...you won't get many, but enough....it'll refresh the pariaba line too... ;D

That's what i'm hoping for. Two birds one stone.
Willie

wsantia1

Terminated the Plat spawn. :( The eggs were doing good until they became wigglers and then they started to crash. :o Not enough of them left to make it worthwhile to continue with this spawn.  ::)
Willie

b125killer

Sorry to hear that Willie. 
Scott

Mugwump

That stinks....could have been an egg dump from the move stress tho.....bulk em up...
Jon

wsantia1

Thanks guys.  In addition to bulking them up, I'll sterilize this 5 gallon tank before using it again.  Maybe I can squeeze a 29g in the guest room and set the parents up in it. 

This may quickly turn into a whole house fish room. LOL  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 28, 2014, 09:50:44 AM
Thanks guys.  In addition to bulking them up, I'll sterilize this 5 gallon tank before using it again.  Maybe I can squeeze a 29g in the guest room and set the parents up in it. 

This may quickly turn into a whole house fish room. LOL  ;D ;D ;D

Think of it as a relaxing 'perk' for the guests.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I know that this thread is old but I found out a lot from it. 
Always move forward. Never look back.