• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 01:36:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 510
Total: 511

Better Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, December 09, 2021, 12:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's still overcast and damp.  Although it's in the 60's is still feels cold.  We may or may not get more showers.  I swear to God they say that the temps will hit 82 tomorrow.  I can't bring myself to believe them. 

My good news is that the back is feeling better today.  Yesterday I spent more time lying down than up and about.  But after I bitched about the pain yesterday I went down to the fish room and right there on the table was my jar of DMSO.  I had forgotten all about it.  I smeared some on my hurting place which was actually somewhat swollen from the inflammation.  Then I lay down in bed again in hopes I would be able to get WC done.  It worked.  I smeared more on this morning.  There was still soft tissue swelling but much less than yesterday.

I had to make an emergency trip to the supermarket because I ran out of dog food:o  Of course while I was there I found more stuff I needed like lemon for today and tomorrow's meals and a bunch of other stuff.  After the meal of the day I believe I'll go to the fish room and consolidate some tanks, drain the ones that I've emptied and give them a good Cloroxing.  I have a stubborn algae in some of my tanks that won't die without a soaking in a 10% Clorox solution.  I know that I'll transfer it from the other tanks with nets and WC equipment but it would be nice to be able to start them  back up when I need to use them and know that they are clean.

That's all folks.  Be happy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I'm glad to hear that your back is feeling better. My back is still hurting but not as much as in the previous days.

I just finished doing some XMAS shopping via Amazon and I am done. I decided against visiting malls or anything like that. I did some shopping for my grandkids 2 months ago. Those gifts are already at their homes so on Christmas morning I will just pop in and help them set the gifts up.

They still believe in Santa Claus but the older who is 8 asked me if I were Santa Claus. Mind you I am not fat, I have brown hair and sport a goatee.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good evening Liz. Willie and Ron.  It has been a busy day here, cold but some sun, after 2 inches of rain yesterday, very happy to get that. Liz, after several very cold days here, Sat. is to be 78-80!!  Almost unbelievable, probably will break a record.  Then Sunday is to be 50.  I am traveling that day so what a temp. shock that will be.

Took my 20 lb long haired cat to be sedated and shaved today.  It is always stressful for both of us.  But all is well and she is home, all shaved and clean again, but walking around crying and hissing as she always does for hours after the ordeal.  She will be fine by morning.  Also took my mom to the dentist,and did some garden club stuff to get ready for our big fundraising event Sat. which is making and selling live greenery arrangements at our farmer's mkt.

I just found out that FB has banned and completely removed the Simply Discus group.  I have no idea what happened.  When I go look for it, there is no sign it ever existed. 

Have a good eve all,
Barb

LizStreithorst

That is adorable Santa Willie.  He has discovered that soon after you show up all the gifts will be opened.
Always move forward. Never look back.