• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 638
Total: 638

Another weekend project completed

Started by P4Angels, November 03, 2012, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Added hods to our breeder tanks this weekend: 

Photo taken - Jan 28, 2012: (we moved in on Feb 1, 2012)

Photo taken Nov 1, 2012:

Photo taken Nov 3, 2012:

Looks so much nicer then before
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels2

OMG what a day at P4A's!! Looks like a lot of work but wasn't as bad as I anticipated and love the end results!!!

P4Angels

Funny Lori,   you where not to excited about it until it was done.  Then she stated "Why did we not to that earlier"?   Doho  :o 
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

ilroost

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Question....are they hinged?...treated wood?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Totally well done, my friend!  I'm looking forward to an invite to see them in person..!
FLR
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels

Quote from: Mugwump on November 04, 2012, 08:02:04 AM
Question....are they hinged?...treated wood?....

The top lid is made from treated 2x3x12 (cut into box frames) then we added a 1x4x8 to the front to keep it from moving. Sanded and painted black.

Then we added laminated shelving (42 inches long) for the tops.  Behind that is another treated (1x8x12)  that is screwed into the box frame to add support.  Sanded and painted black. Placed a piano hinges to between 2 boards. 

I wired in the CLF lighting one for each tank. The frame hides all the wiring for the heater and Air lines. 

Hope that address your questions Jon.

P4Angels

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 04, 2012, 08:29:07 AM
Totally well done, my friend!  I'm looking forward to an invite to see them in person..!
FLR

Since when do I have to invite you. 

Mugwump

Thanks for the break down Aron, now....when are you coming to do mine?? 8)
Jon

P4Angels2

now I just need to talk him into doing something over the shrimp tanks!!!! ;)

P4Angels

:o wILl tHe hONEY dO lISt eVEr gET sMAlLeR  :o

Jo

Jo

P4Angels2

HMM now that you mention the honey do list........I think there are a few other things that I could think of for ya!!! 8) ;D