• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:05:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 631
Total: 631

Well. Friday it is....

Started by Mugwump, November 02, 2012, 07:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

End of the week and start of another fine weekend.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Yes it is!  And my weekend is going to be looking like this....

This morning I'm going to prepare my Evolve8 nano tank with Serpaes and Triple Red A. cacacuoides to take over to Pet Expo as a demo tank at noon.  Then I will help set up the aquatic pets area. Until about 5 PM.  Tonight I will do some water changes here at Home Base Aquatic.  Saturday I'll continue to reorganize my shed (this has been this week's project) and then Saturday I will go over to Pet Expo and man the GSAS booth with others from 10-6. 

Last year was the first year in this area for Pet Expo.  It's an event for all types of pets.  It's run by a California based company.  I think it was the first time they had attempted to run it outside of California.  They asked if GSAS (Greater Seattle Aquarium Society) members would help in setting up and managing the huge aqautic pets area put in by the major manufacturers and distributors of the country.  In return they gave GSAS a double sized booth space for our club to display our own tanks and club information.  We had a great time and gained a few members as a result.  At the end of the Expo they donated approximately 7 each complete 75g aquaria with fish and plants to the club.  We sold and auctioned them to raise money for GSAS.

The Expo managers were so pleased with the turnout and enthusiasm that they booked this year's event before leaving town last year!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Jo

TGIF!!!!!!!  I have been so busy at work I have not been able to get on all week. Hope to catch up tonight and this weekend. I've missed ya'll!
Jo

Mugwump

Excellent Ron, I like those events too...so much to see, and having all the various hobbyists around is great for conversation....it's a fun day...enjoy..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson