• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 629
Total: 629

Enough already.....

Started by BallAquatics, November 01, 2012, 10:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

I am at a meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota right now and am amazed at the amount of ads on the TV. By comparison, there are very few in Oregon (not a state in play politically). Many are also really obnoxious, many being flat out lies made to manipulate peoples emotions toward a certain decision.
I guess that is part of the good and bad if living in a decision location. Importance to electoral result --> more ads but you vote has greater impact. Most good statistical analysis of this stuff indicates that whoever wins Ohio for example will win the election (due to the electoral college).
On the other hand I did get to see the U of Oregon Ducks on TV for the first time this year (I don't have cable).
Go Ducks!

LizStreithorst

The Mississippi vote is a foregone conclusion.  I simply don't care enough about either of these guys to bother with my wasted vote.  Perhaps I'll change my mind tomorrow and vote.  We don't have to stand in line for 5 minutes where I live.  It's one of the perks of living in a place like Timbucktoo.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

That's how it is here too.  Takes 2 minutes to vote and an hour to shoot the breeze with everybody in town.  The Post Office is usually the preferred hang-out, but tomorrow it'll be the municipal building.

Dennis

Mir

Quote from: Mugwump on November 05, 2012, 06:07:39 AMOpinions are like a$$holes..everyone has one....use yours..go vote..
What an insightful nugget of knowledge, Mug! Lol mind if I post this quote on Facebook? ;D
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Mugwump

LOL..might as well, especially if it'll get someone to go vote....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I voted. I just like to think I did my part. I know that it didn't matter much on the presidential election but there where some referendums on there that affected me. plus it gives me the right to complain when my property taxes go up. 
Scott

BallAquatics

I voted too.  I was number 189 in our village of around 650.  Over-all Clark county had a turn out of almost 70%.  That's a good sign - we are still a government by the people, the more people get involved the more the government will reflect our wishes.

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

I am looking forward to the spring time in Germany, the wild flowers are said to be quite lovely on the hill sides.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Frank The Plumber

-357.07, buy short dividend.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?