• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 12:09:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 523
Total: 523

old time stuff??

Started by Mugwump, October 27, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

That's what I'm talkin' about Liz!  Old stoner music... here's my pick.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 27, 2012, 09:48:03 PM
I refuse to believe enter sandman is old time stuff.

LOL....I know....time flys....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

There was nobody better than Joplin IMO.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on October 28, 2012, 08:05:31 AM
There was nobody better than Joplin IMO.

Bonnie Bramlett had some nice pipes too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

This thread has really taken me back a few years...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

If you like Skynyrd this is a great video from 1975.  It features the original band with the 3 guitar set-up Ed King, Gary Rossington & Allen Collins.  Skynyrd is one of those bands that sounded better 'live' than on record.  I was fortunate enough to see them live in 1976 at the UD Arena in Dayton, Ohio.

I think it's cool that Ed King is in this video as Ed was often on-again off-again with the band, but was a very big part of their success.  Ed was the guitarist for Strawberry Alarm Clock when Skynyrd was just starting out and was an opening act.  Ed wrote or was a co-writer on "Sweet Home Alabama", "Poison Whiskey", "Saturday Night Special", "Mr. Banker", "Swamp Music", "Whiskey Rock-a-Roller", "Railroad Song", "I Need You", and "Workin' For MCA".

Yea, I still remember you Ronnie.....

Dennis

BillT

Here is my favorite band from the 70's: one of their most clever songs, but lacking a verse or two in the middle, probably because it was on national TV. They were real big in the DC area where I grew up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-GwdaKrn8&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Here is a good west coast jam band that used to play in Eugene a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoG4uQUiTcs&feature=related

Mugwump

The 'Dead' a west coast jam band.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...sorry, bro...

I had to laugh because one of my sisters is a 'deadhead'....but yeah, they were formed in Palo Alto years ago....if any genre is appropriate it my be psychedelic??..or folk, or is it jazz...no wait it's...???..the many faces of a great band....R I P Mr Garcia.....
Jon