• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 06:16:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 44
Total: 45

Coffee on Saturday morn'n

Started by Mugwump, September 05, 2015, 05:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Sitting here enjoying a good cup of coffee...MMMmm....chance of a little rain this morn'n, the back to hot and muggier....and hotter tomorrow...
So it'll be some putz'n and water changes today....might toss something on the grill early, while it's cooler yet too...??

...and now for another cup of this great coffee.. |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great. The weather is great and my package is at the local P.O. My mail carrier is already on the lookout for it so it should be here shortly. Fingers crossed that all of the occupants are safe and sound.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 05, 2015, 07:20:06 AM
The coffee is great. The weather is great and my package is at the local P.O. My mail carrier is already on the lookout for it so it should be here shortly. Fingers crossed that all of the occupants are safe and sound.

Package already scanned "Out for delivery". 8)
Willie

PaulineMi

Hope you two get your packages soon and that the contents arrive safe and sound.  |^|
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

It must just be the day for delivery issues.....  I have some fish coming in from Wyoming.  When I didn't hear aynthing about them shipping on Monday, I just figured something came up and they would ship sometime next week.....  Thursday evening I get an email that the fish shipped.  Uh?oh, way too late to be shipping for a holiday weekend. 

Shipper said they told him they would be delivered Saturday at 3:00PM.  Paid extra for USPS Express.   A couple of problems with that:  1) we don't have mail delivery  2) the Post Office closes at noon of Saturday.  So I start watching the tracking.....

When I talk to the lady at the Post Office yesterday, ( a new temp because the regular girl had emergency oral surgery), she says Express is completely different from Priority and they handle it differently.  I say I have NO experience with Express as it costs way too much.  She has no experience with it either.....

This morning tracking says the box is in Springfield.  Well that's definately different, things always go through sort facility in Cincinnati and then to our local Post Office.  I'm thinking, it's only about 30 minutes from Springfield to North Hampton, (that's where our Tremont mail goes since our Post Office burnt down about a year ago), they will just run it over there.

Next time I check the tracking, delivery has been rescheduled for Tuesday the 8th.   $!@#,  I'm off to the Springfield Post Office to see if they will let me pick it up there before they close at noon.....

Dennis

Mugwump

ouch.....yes, with a holiday you never take chances.....I hope that you can get the box.....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 05, 2015, 11:43:09 AM
It must just be the day for delivery issues.....  I have some fish coming in from Wyoming.  When I didn't hear aynthing about them shipping on Monday, I just figured something came up and they would ship sometime next week.....  Thursday evening I get an email that the fish shipped.  Uh?oh, way too late to be shipping for a holiday weekend. 

Shipper said they told him they would be delivered Saturday at 3:00PM.  Paid extra for USPS Express.   A couple of problems with that:  1) we don't have mail delivery  2) the Post Office closes at noon of Saturday.  So I start watching the tracking.....

When I talk to the lady at the Post Office yesterday, ( a new temp because the regular girl had emergency oral surgery), she says Express is completely different from Priority and they handle it differently.  I say I have NO experience with Express as it costs way too much.  She has no experience with it either.....

This morning tracking says the box is in Springfield.  Well that's definately different, things always go through sort facility in Cincinnati and then to our local Post Office.  I'm thinking, it's only about 30 minutes from Springfield to North Hampton, (that's where our Tremont mail goes since our Post Office burnt down about a year ago), they will just run it over there.

Next time I check the tracking, delivery has been rescheduled for Tuesday the 8th.   $!@#,  I'm off to the Springfield Post Office to see if they will let me pick it up there before they close at noon.....

Dennis

When you ship Express there is asn option for Sunday delivery but it cost more than regular Express. I guess they did not check that option. My packed arrived this morning. No casualties.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Good luck, Dennis.  In this case the seller should replace the fish if they arrive dead.  I hope the post office folks are nice in Springfield.  Let us kknow.

Glad your box arrived in good shape Willie.  What did you get?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2015, 01:05:09 PM
Good luck, Dennis.  In this case the seller should replace the fish if they arrive dead.  I hope the post office folks are nice in Springfield.  Let us kknow.

Glad your box arrived in good shape Willie.  What did you get?

I got the same Cory's that Jon got only I got 8 Albinos and 10 or so Greens. Nowhere near the 60 that Jon got but those greens are just as fast. The albinos were twice as big as the greens and half the speed too. 8) 8) 8)
Willie

BallAquatics

Well,  I got to the Post Office in Springfield, two clerks and a room full of customers.  When I get to counter and show the young man my print-out he says, "the girl just left for the North Hampton Post Office with those!"  That's great news, so I head for North Hampton hoping I can get there before noon.  As long as I don't get bogged down in traffic, I've got time to make it.....

Fish are home safe and sound!  They are freebees so I can't really complain about the shipper not knowing any better.  He said he had never shipped fish, so I gave him some pointers, and he did a great job packing them up.  Then when he said he was shipping them on Monday I though we we're going to be good to go.....  it never dawned on me he would wait till so late in the week to get them out.

At any rate,  they all made it with flying colors!  I couldn't stand the though that they might die a slow death over the weekend in some Post Office.....

The latest tracking info shows they were delived about the time they left Springfield for the North Hampton Post Office.  I think I picked them up about 11:40ish this morning.  20 minutes to spare before the PO closed.

Dennis

Mugwump

BOOMBA !!!!!!!!!.....everyone got their boxes safe and sound.....fantastic !!!!
Jon

LizStreithorst

Good news all the way around.

Dennis, I hope you told the guy who gave you the free fish that if he's says Monday it's written in stone unless he contacts the recipient.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Whew....glad it worked out for you guys.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

It's great to know you were able to catch up with the package. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie