• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 07:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

Monday's coffee

Started by Mugwump, August 17, 2015, 06:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..coffee's great..weather's gloomy with rain and storms moving through for the next few days...no problem tho, lots of putz'n to do.. 8)

Sun's starting to rise earlier now...fall's not far away..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 17, 2015, 10:54:39 AM
Good morning all!

Morn'n Ron....I hope it's cooling down for you folks here soon....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The Beast is with Mr. Berkin.  He's in good hands.  Stopped by Chip's and dropped off a 6 pack as I'd promised.  I gave him Mr. Berkin's card in case he comes across someone who needs a good diesel man.  Turns out Chip knows him.  He said that he was good.  He was glad to have his card.  I told him about the way he was going to fix The Beast's tank.  He'd never heard of it before, not being a diesel man, but said it made a lot of sense.

Laundry is still out trying to get dry.  It rained earlier this morning.  I need to pull my dryer out and see if I can find what's wrong and fix it.

Charlotte is happily parked under the carport ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2015, 11:56:31 AM
The Beast is with Mr. Berkin.  He's in good hands.  Stopped by Chip's and dropped off a 6 pack as I'd promised.  I gave him Mr. Berkin's card in case he comes across someone who needs a good diesel man.  Turns out Chip knows him.  He said that he was good.  He was glad to have his card.  I told him about the way he was going to fix The Beast's tank.  He'd never heard of it before, not being a diesel man, but said it made a lot of sense.

Laundry is still out trying to get dry.  It rained earlier this morning.  I need to pull my dryer out and see if I can find what's wrong and fix it.

Charlotte is happily parked under the carport ;D

New carport pictures??......
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's not actually finished yet.  Since I'll be having the expense of the repair on The Beast I may call Mr. Sharp and tell him not to buy siding or even have a load of dirt delivered.  It's not pretty enough for a picture as it is.  It's just 4X6 supports, 2X10 rafters, and a roof that matches the roof on my house.  It's built off the side of my fish room but the back is open and the other side is open.  For now it's good enough because it will keep my vehicles mostly dry.  Both the back which faces north and the open side which faces south are protected by trees.  I'll see where I stand after The Beast is repaired and sold and I buy a little pixie.  For now it will do but not picture worthy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 17, 2015, 06:15:39 AM
..coffee's great..weather's gloomy with rain and storms moving through for the next few days...no problem tho, lots of putz'n to do.. 8)

Coffee's great. Heat is not. Air Conditioning guy was here today. A/C was down most of the weekend. ::) It needs a coil and some kind of controller. ???It's working right now but they are going to put the new parts in tomorrow or the day after. good thing it is under warranty. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 17, 2015, 02:01:06 PM

Coffee's great. Heat is not. Air Conditioning guy was here today. A/C was down most of the weekend. ::) It needs a coil and some kind of controller. ???It's working right now but they are going to put the new parts in tomorrow or the day after. good thing it is under warranty. ;D

Amen for warranty work. I had one of my customers come out to fix mine last year. $300 for a capacitor. So much for me supporting my customers. 3 large for a $10 (retail) part.
I just didn't want to work on it last year. It's a dual cap so they replaced it with a single and left it starting the compressor. When that went after a while I just went and got it myself this time. $5 and a bit of time. And to think I used to own Air One Technologies.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

wsantia1

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 17, 2015, 02:13:04 PM

Amen for warranty work. I had one of my customers come out to fix mine last year. $300 for a capacitor. So much for me supporting my customers. 3 large for a $10 (retail) part.
I just didn't want to work on it last year. It's a dual cap so they replaced it with a single and left it starting the compressor. When that went after a while I just went and got it myself this time. $5 and a bit of time. And to think I used to own Air One Technologies.

I said controller but capacitor is what I meant. He's got the A/C working right now but said it can go at anytime. He called for the new parts. May be a day or two before he gets them. It is all covered. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 17, 2015, 02:21:35 PM

I said controller but capacitor is what I meant. He's got the A/C working right now but said it can go at anytime. He called for the new parts. May be a day or two before he gets them. It is all covered. ;D ;D ;D

...I hope it keeps running......close all the drapes, etc...hold as much as you can just in case it goes phlooey.....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 17, 2015, 02:30:13 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 17, 2015, 02:21:35 PM

...I hope it keeps running......close all the drapes, etc...hold as much as you can just in case it goes phlooey.....

That's what I've done. ::)
Willie

BallAquatics

The hotter it gets, the more I love my geothermal heating & air.   ;)

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 17, 2015, 02:59:37 PM
The hotter it gets, the more I love my geothermal heating & air.   ;)

Dennis

Yeah but it still has moving parts that are subject to failure.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

Most definitely, anything mechanical falls into that category.  It's the inexpensive cost of operation that I love.   :P

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon