• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:01:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 583
Total: 583

Lazy Sunday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, August 16, 2015, 06:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's good....awake?...I'm not..... 8)  more very hot and humid weather today....I think we'll just hunker down and chill out..(pun intended)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 16, 2015, 06:48:10 AM
...coffee's good....awake?...I'm not..... 8)  more very hot and humid weather today....I think we'll just hunker down and chill out..(pun intended)

Hot here too. Humidity is kicking into high gear this evening. Hopefully it brings some rain too. ??? Coffee is real good also.  I have to really start organizing the fishroom/basement. Things are getting a little messy down there. Not with the tanks; just general all around stuff. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 16, 2015, 09:35:48 AM

Hot here too. Humidity is kicking into high gear this evening. Hopefully it brings some rain too. ??? Coffee is real good also.  I have to really start organizing the fishroom/basement. Things are getting a little messy down there. Not with the tanks; just general all around stuff. ::)

Shelving helps a lot....never enough tho....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 16, 2015, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 16, 2015, 09:35:48 AM

Shelving helps a lot....never enough tho....LOL...

Yes shelving helps. I have some but need more. I have 3 six foot folding tables down there too but they fill up quickly. My girlfriend's daughter is storing some stuff down there while she is on summer break from school so I will be able to move that stuff into her new apartment next week when school starts again. 8) 8) 8) I can use that area badly. :D
Willie

LizStreithorst

Today is the day of The Beast.  He's getting a through cleaning inside and out.  Outside is done except tor the buffing.  Passenger section won't be too difficult.  The cargo section will be a job.  There is all this old hay I have stored there.  I forgot until I opened his back door that there was a 20 long a customer gave me last month in him, too :-[  It will be hard getting the little bitty pieces of hay out out.  I'll sweep first, then vacuum then the entire cargo section needs to be scrubbed and rinsed out with a hose. I'll Armorall the Rhino Liner, too.  When I'm done, he'll be the first to go under my carport :)  It isn't finished yet but the roof is on.

Beasty will be going to Mr. Berkin, my diesel man, tomorrow.  I will tell him that I want to sell him or trade him for something of equal value.  He likes The Beast.  He told me when he did my last repair that he has the best engine...that the next year they started using one of lesser quality.  I'm hoping he might know someone who needs a beast.  He has done all the repairs on him since I've been here so he knows that the Beast will be healthy.  My job is to make him handsome.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Post a pic of the beast when he is all handsome??
Barb

Mugwump

Poor guy  :'(....being abandoned....boo hoo hoo..... but..when it's time, it's time....when I finally gave up on my Jeep after 23 yrs....it was bittersweet too ...
Jon

PaulineMi

Just got home. We went to check out the Lansing River Trail with our bikes. What a cool trail system they created in our state's capital!  We rode long winding wooden bridges, through a very nice little swimming, picnic and water park and even through the city's zoo. Most of the section of the trail we traveled was through woods with plenty of shade. We rode 10 miles today...it was hot...86 and muggy.

There's plenty more trail system to ride. We'll definitely be going back for more. Oh...and we finished up the ride with hand dipped ice cream cones.  ;) Good for cooling off.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on August 16, 2015, 01:10:47 PM
Poor guy  :'(....being abandoned....boo hoo hoo..... but..when it's time, it's time....when I finally gave up on my Jeep after 23 yrs....it was bittersweet too ...

Same here with my '91 Isuzu Rodeo....  We had been over every nasty hazardous waste site in the tri-state area and she never let me down.  That old girl would go through snow so deep that you couldn't open the doors to get out.  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Please don't make me feel worse about this than I already feel.  I've kept him all this time even although I haven't needed The Beast for years.  The facts are, he is expensive to run $80. in fuel every two weeks compared to Charlotte's $20. every two weeks.  His repairs are more costly as well.  And really, what do I need with a great huge cargo van? 

I was 'bout finished with his clean up when poof  out of nowhere it started to rain!  I pulled him into the carport but decided it would just be a sprinkle and left the laundry on the line.  It got harder and the laundry is soaked.  Don't know if I'll have sheets on the bed tonight or not :-\   It has cleared up now but I am 'bout whupped, and filthy dirty,  and would love a good soak in a nice tub and a nap.  Trying to talk myself into backing The Beast out of the carport  going over him with a microfiber cloth and giving him the buffing that I promised him.

LizStreithorst

I ended up doing my duty.  Done in time to listen to the Ted Radio Hour, have a beer, and a hunk of cold meat loaf. 

ilroost

Willie does a fish room ever get cleaned up or organized ? lol

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 16, 2015, 03:30:00 PM
I ended up doing my duty.  Done in time to listen to the Ted Radio Hour, have a beer, and a hunk of cold meat loaf.

....good job........now grab a cold one and go soak  8)
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on August 16, 2015, 03:37:55 PM

...ya got that right....  8)
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: ilroost on August 16, 2015, 03:37:55 PM

The answer to that is NO! ;D ;D ;D At least not on my end. I fell down on the job. ??? I took a nap instead. 8)
Willie