• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 776
Total: 776

A few Youngins

Started by EdKaz, May 31, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Done some cleaning up and some sorting in the fish room today...... thinkin Im gonna keep these and  grow em up a liittle

Mugwump

Golly dang, I would too...love leopards....and I see you found a blushing half black.. ;D..excellent  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Wow Ed, those pics make me want some baby angels, all mine are adults and I don't breed them.  Yours are really lovely!
Barb

b125killer

You have such pretty angels Ed. The babies I got for you are getting big and the colors are just popping.
Scott

PaulineMi

Those are sure some beauties!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

EdKaz

Thanks Barb.......The fish that are spitting these beauties out are all fairly new to me ( Since Feb-March) and while Id like to take some credit for em, truth is I have just been tending to the parent fish.... and re-pairing some and feeding babies (LOTS OF BABIES)  while TRYING to figure out what genes each might have in em so I can have a hand in making some ON PURPOSE in the near future.

It seems every time I look harder into the tanks of fry as they grow, I find something new and interesting in the mixes.....and there IS QUITE THE MIX in my fish room right now.

John.....the leopards (both dark and light) and even the half black looking blusher came off the smokey pinoy and  dark veiled clown( which MUST be Het pb as there are LOTS of HEAD lights on their other fry) I paired up a few months back. The pinoy female is the one I was telling you was looking to be about DONE. She did lay again last week and Ive got another smallish batch that just popped up Thursday from them....but Im really not expecting too much if any more from her....she is looking plum wore out each time her tube drops. :'(

Im not sure thats a half black blusher as much as it is a smokey with a tight pattern? I have more that look similar from that pair and most are dime to nickle size.....I guess Ill know more as they grow up and out some ???

The Koi fry from the ones I repaired (your male and Chi town Johns female with the veil) popped off  their leaf and have been giving mom and dad FITS all morning today. In the other tank, your Koi females tube is down and chitown Johns BIG veil male has been pounding the slates clean for her all day. Gonna change some water in their tank in the morning......Im sure she'll pop.

The Smokey Pariba I tossed in with the Dark Female clown (het pb for sure)  in the big cube tank also turned out to be quite the "man". She laid a HUGE batch about a month ago that are starting to take shape and  a large and interesting variety is showing up in them.

They just laid another HUGE batch last Sunday or Monday that they moved to the sponge filter, covering a large portion of the filter. HE Might have missed 2-3 eggs out of HUNDREDS. They should be swimming by Mon Afternoon.........Coffees ALWAYS on here ;)

EdKaz

QuoteThe babies I got for you are getting big and the colors are just popping.

I HOPE you meant FROM not FOR........theres NO MORE ROOM AT THE INN here  :) :)

Mugwump

I'm working on a trip down Ed....coffee?....MMmmm coffee good.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Geeze guy's,  I wanna come, too.  The Leopards give me a tingle up my spine.  They look blue to me.  Some smart person choose the right guy to tend for his fish.  The hb(?) ghost blusher is unusual but not to my taste.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Yes I meant from, I'm on a tablet. Between auto correct and my sausage fingers. I can't seem to get words right.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 31, 2014, 09:06:54 PM
Geeze guy's,  I wanna come, too.  The Leopards give me a tingle up my spine.  They look blue to me.  Some smart person choose the right guy to tend for his fish.  The hb(?) ghost blusher is unusual but not to my taste.

LOL........................ ;D....close  ;D............ghost...one stripeless gene.....blusher/blushing ..two stripeless genes.....one or the other...after looking again....likely smokey?....no PB...otherwise it was display as a pariaba....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dang, I never figure out all the genetic stuff.  I'll just keep trying...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Looking more closely...........is that just a light shadow, Ed.?????.... ;D.....
Jon

EdKaz

No....No shadow. That picture is pretty much exactly like that fish, and a few other smaller ones appear in the tanks.

QuoteThe Leopards give me a tingle up my spine.  They look blue to me.

The majority of the lighter colored leopards from this batch DO have the tell tale pb "head" lights.

Its hard to tell on the dark leopards for sure if they are pb.....They do appear a DEEP greenish blue across the top of them. Those fish are actually even more interesting looking in person  than they appear in the pix.(to me anyway) Throughout their tail fins, in their dorsals and along the top of them mixed in with the deep green and black are Specks of gold.

I would LOVE to see them grow and mature JUST AS THEY ARE......but Im not counting on it based on what Ive read about Leopards......time will tell.

Mugwump

The green is usually the Zebra influence...the Blue is a Smokey influence.....I see a few that look like they should be PB.....I think that Ted has/had a line of leopards that were very green without the Pb gene tho........perhaps you've stumbled on something here??.....either way win/win...but there looks to be a dark gene working too.....so Leopard lace?...or Pinoy Leopards??.....interesting spawn there.....do you know exactly what the parents are....?.....if not, how many phenotypes are you seeing in that spawn...was it a good sized representative spawn??...if so, we can back figure the genetics up to get the parents...
Jon