• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:13:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 624
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 621
Total: 621

Drying Out Thursday

Started by wsantia1, March 07, 2024, 04:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. After an all day rain event yesterday and multiple rain events the previous couple of days we finally have a day where we can dry out. With the milder temps coming through it does feel like the beginning of Spring is already here. Currently it is 52 degrees and the temp will get up to a high of 60F this afternoon although the clouds will be sticking around.

I had the floor people come and do the assessment for my floor project and they won't be a need for as much plank as I estimated so the cost of the project will be coming down. Before the pandemic hit us I had an estimate done by the local handyman and without any of the fancy tools that the flooring people used he came up with the same square footage as the flooring people did. My personal measurement was 400 square feet more. huh

Today I will get back to work in the fishroom. I couldn't do much down there yesterday but I've been diligent with my water changes prior to that. 

That's all that's going on with me for now. Hopefully you have more exciting things going on with you all. 

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie!  My exciting thing today is going to the dentist where they will show me in wax what my teeth will look like.  If I approve, I hope to have my new teeth by the end of the month.  If not, they will re-do and it will be next month.  I'm so tired of being toothless. I will not only be able to really chew up my food but also look human again.  I found out what life is like for Charlotte.  It sucks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, folks, the top denture, in wax, looked better than I had even hoped it would.  They look like real teeth. When I smile, you see the top.  One some people smile you see the lower teeth so I don't care how they look.  Unfortunately, the lower didn't fit well, so after taking more impressions for the lab, they're sending them back for a re-do.  The dentist will text me when they're ready because they know how people who have been without teeth for a long while, like me, yearn for them.  I'd been hoping for teeth by the end of the month but it will probably be next month.

It appears that I have a live-in chicken again.  Last night at bedtime, I heard clucking.  I turned on a light, and sure 'nuff, she was in her old "bed" on the sofa.  I can't believe that fat girl could possibly fly out, but she managed.  She left her husband, flew the coop and came home to mamma.  It's a beautiful day so when I got up, she was already outside enjoying her freedom, while Bruster the rooster is an unhappy bachelor again.

I had planned on going to the feed store 60 miles from here to buy some day old Blue Astrolop chicks, but I checked my bank balance.  It will have to wait until nnext Wednesday when my check arrives.  I hope they haven't sold out.  I'll call before I go.

That's it for me.

Always move forward. Never look back.