• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 10:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 618
Total: 618

Monday

Started by Ron Sower, March 04, 2024, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello group!

It's been a busy weekend with the aquarium club meeting yesterday. A lot of ppl pre-ordered from me to meet there to pick up. And I also bagged a lot of items for the auction.  So most of Saturday afternoon I was bagging plants. Sunday morning I bagged the fish and shrimp. The meeting went long and we had a long board meeting after.

Next month, on the 13th, there is a big regional one-day convention here. It's SAKE, sah-kee, Southwest Aquarium Keepers Event. It's every spring and is put on by the kili club with the help of other clubs and ppl. There will be a silent auction, live auction, and 4 speakers. One speaker will be Dean Tweeddale who I arranged to come. The next day Dean will make a presentation at our club meeting. He'll be staying with me this time and I'm looking forward to it. ARK (Arizona Rivulin Keepers) and our club will share Dean's expense.

The following month Tom Barr from California will be our visiting speaker. He's well known out here in the aquarium plant circles as well as bonsai circles.

Lucy won our little private sales competition last month. Her booth made more $$$ than mine did. Right at the end someone bought a beautiful antique dresser that she finally decided to put a price tag on...at my insistence!😁 It was a nice piece that she really wanted to keep for displaying items.

Weather here is still bouncing around in the mid 60s to upper 70s. Some days cloudy or mixed. It's nice this time of year.

Dennis, if you are that valuable to the store and they don't want you to leave, I agree with Liz, Willie & Barb, ask for more $$! Otherwise, get on your bike and ride out here to the west and visit us a few days! I don't ride bikes, but I love to drive thru the deserts and canyons out here when I can.

Lucy has card classes today and tomorrow afternoons. I'll be in the fish room. Or maybe I'll just read one of the afternoons. Not sure yet. Fish room needs a lot of reorganizing. Uh-oh! Just got the word that we need to make a trip to Costco. 🤣

Hey, Barb, did I read that right? You're driving to Florida this week? Have a safe and wonderful trip! Enjoy!

We're going to Kauai on the 21st and our friends, Paul and Tami, will be joining us a few days later if she doesn't have to have some surgery. Hopefully we will know this week.

Well, gotta get the trash out, and get my day moving. You guys make it a good day!
P.S. Sorry this turned into a short story length epistle🥴
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron