• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 748
Total: 750

ok, I'm going to rant.....

Started by Mugwump, January 01, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Jan and I just shoveled our walk and driveway. Our young neighbors on both sides of us..and up and down the street..all have snow blowers....they haven't done diddly squat in the whole time since it started snowing...nada, zilch..kaa kaa.......Us older folks can go out and get it done, but the young crowd can't be put out.....sheesh....some of the younger generations have no work ethic, or responsibility, at all.....do I sound old..ok fine...but I'll bet you a million, against your penny, that our sons have their walks/driveways done...

so there,...........let's tune back to nicer Mug..... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Sorry Jon, our last snow fall I did not get out and clear it either.....  In my own defense it was only here for 4 hours....  LOL!!!!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Naw Liz.....even it wasn't a holiday, they still don't take care of business....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Well, I did my duty today.  I got my wild horse back home in her own pasture.  It's a great start to the new year.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 01, 2014, 12:49:28 PM
Well, I did my duty today.  I got my wild horse back home in her own pasture.  It's a great start to the new year.

Wonderful, how far did it roam?..
Jon

LizStreithorst

Only 1/4 mile or so to visit my neighbor's 2 geldings.  She wandered in to a large empty pasture and my neighbors locked her in.  Since she's wild she trusts nobody but me.  She got her halter off a long time ago and even I can't put one on her.  She goes into fear mode.  I had to wait until she got good and homesick.  I drove to her pasture every day and fed her and loved on her.  Today I walked her companion to where she was.  I had feed with me.  She was ready to come home and just followed us while getting a mouthful of feed every once in a while along the way.  My neighbors put a piece of plywood over the cattle gap in the back of her pasture which is just a short walk from my place.  She'd never walked on plywood over a cattle gap before.  It was funny.  She got low to the ground and all kinda splay legged but she saw the other horse do it and me just followed me..

The only other option had I failed was to get my dear veterinarian to drive out and zoo dart her so I could get a halter on her.  (she does lead and even lunges with a halter, it's just getting one on her that's the problem).

I love this stupid horse.  I understand her mind and she trusts only me.  I'm so grateful for my kind neighbors allowing me the time to do this with love and trust rather that having to resort to a job my vet hates but will do because he likes me.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 01, 2014, 11:35:49 AM
...Jan and I just shoveled our walk and driveway. Our young neighbors on both sides of us..and up and down the street..all have snow blowers....they haven't done diddly squat in the whole time since it started snowing...nada, zilch..kaa kaa.......Us older folks can go out and get it done, but the young crowd can't be put out.....sheesh....some of the younger generations have no work ethic, or responsibility, at all.....do I sound old..ok fine...but I'll bet you a million, against your penny, that our sons have their walks/driveways done...

Jon, I feel your pain.  I have been out twice since yesterday and I probably will go out again later.  The only folks doing anything out here are us seniors.  This is a community with a lot of people between 30 and 40 and their driveways and sidewalks have been full of snow since the beginning of December. And they all have kids that have to trek through this stuff to go to the school bus everyday.  I can't even walk my dog. This is one time I wouldn't mind seeing the police handing out tickets, but they would probably screw it up and give me a ticket by mistake.  That was a little rant.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 01, 2014, 03:33:01 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 01, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

Jon, I feel your pain.  I have been out twice since yesterday and I probably will go out again later.  The only folks doing anything out here are us seniors.  This is a community with a lot of people between 30 and 40 and their driveways and sidewalks have been full of snow since the beginning of December. And they all have kids that have to trek through this stuff to go to the school bus everyday.  I can't even walk my dog. This is one time I wouldn't mind seeing the police handing out tickets, but they would probably screw it up and give me a ticket by mistake.  That was little rant.

I knew that I am not the only one that feels that way. What bugs me is that they don't care, or want to be inconvenienced by it, to bother showing a little pride in their property .... let alone the safety of people using the front sidewalks..some even had company that arrived and just drove right over the covered driveways,,,tromped over the snow and went in to visit....there's kids carrying shovels that walk around trying to make a few extra bucks...but they're even too cheap for that....oh well, I'm done ranting........when their kids grow up, and do the same thing, it'll just keep getting worse.....LOL...I sound like my Dad...but he taught us well.
Jon

JR

you are  right Jon. Most the folks that are around use are in there 20s and 30s they have no pride in there homes. Liz glad you got your baby home.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day