• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 04:19:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 780
Total: 780

Another Friday.....

Started by Mugwump, October 26, 2018, 10:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...So how is everyone today?...

...we're off on a couple errands....back in a bit....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

.....back home and chill'n........ |^| :) |^|.....seems like Saturday  huh......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Every day seems like Saturday when you"re retired.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Lovely day.  It rained all day yesterday and the dogs were in and out with their muddy feet.  I had customers coming so I hid the dirty dishes in the dish washer, folded the laundry that had been in a heap, and vacuumed and mopped the floor before the first one showed up at 9.  The next one came at 10.  He brought 3 6 packs of bear for me :)  The third came at 11.  When I asked her if she wanted to stay, she did.  She has a 2 year old and a 5 year old.  Being able to get out of the house was great for her.  She is in love with my place for the right reason, because it feels wild.  She loved all my dogs and let little Pip take a nap in her lap.  She was awed by the fish, she wanted to feed the chickens.  It was great.

I've made some money, I got gifts, and I met a nice girl who thinks I'm cool. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 26, 2018, 02:23:50 PM
Lovely day.  It rained all day yesterday and the dogs were in and out with their muddy feet.  I had customers coming so I hid the dirty dishes in the dish washer, folded the laundry that had been in a heap, and vacuumed and mopped the floor before the first one showed up at 9.  The next one came at 10.  He brought 3 6 packs of bear for me :)  The third came at 11.  When I asked her if she wanted to stay, she did.  She has a 2 year old and a 5 year old.  Being able to get out of the house was great for her.  She is in love with my place for the right reason, because it feels wild.  She loved all my dogs and let little Pip take a nap in her lap.  She was awed by the fish, she wanted to feed the chickens.  It was great.

,,now that's a nice day |^|......sweet.... :)

Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 26, 2018, 01:48:16 PM
Every day seems like Saturday when you"re retired.

...ya got a point... |^|.....and except for an occasional calendar date....there's really no difference anymore.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I hope that I will croak before I have to retire.  My life would become too small.  It's already small enough.  I'm not a social butterfly.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 26, 2018, 02:39:36 PM
I hope that I will croak before I have to retire.  My life would become too small.  It's already small enough.  I'm not a social butterfly.

...you underestimate retirement...... :).....it's kinda neat,,,really.. ;)
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll know that I'm ready when I'm ready.  So far, I have been liking things as they are now.  Besides, if I were to retire I would no longer be able so afford food and medical treatments for all my old dogs.  Fish would be impossible.  Fencing to keep my chickens safe would be out of the  question.

Rjb3

I packed the rest of the fish foods I'll need for the Davenport swap next week. All done.

Gale's a little under the weather again today. Upset stomach mostly. I got her crackers and chicken soup earlier.

Steve and I are off to the corner restaurant for all you can eat fish.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 26, 2018, 03:27:22 PM
I packed the rest of the fish foods I'll need for the Davenport swap next week. All done.

Gale's a little under the weather again today. Upset stomach mostly. I got her crackers and chicken soup earlier.

Steve and I are off to the corner restaurant for all you can eat fish.

..the new owners of the diner down the street just started an 'ayce' fish fry too....we need to stop by some Friday and sample it....I can eat fish all day long til I get a 'gamey' piece...then I'm done....
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 26, 2018, 02:23:50 PM

My lifelong ambition.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

It would have been perfect if I were a lesbian :P  huh

LizStreithorst

Lordy...I just realized why my back hurts so much.  I gave the dog's their meds at noon and forgot to take mine ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 26, 2018, 05:32:16 PM
Lordy...I just realized why my back hurts so much.  I gave the dog's their meds at noon and forgot to take mine ::)

...ah treatment time  |^|
Jon