• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 10:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

This dog of mine

Started by LizStreithorst, March 06, 2016, 01:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have many dogs but this one is Chloe.  She's a Lhasa mix and has inherited the Lhasa personality.  She is very selective in who she likes.  Basically, she doesn't like anyone but her previous owner and me.   Thank god she has an under bite and her jaws are weak.  She can do no harm but she sure 'nuff can put the fear in people.  A bad person could just kick her away, but she would protect me to her death.    She has become more polite since I've owned her.  Her previous owner loved her but had no clue how to deal with her strong personality. 

She has this silly game she plays with me.  She has chosen my bed as her favorite place to hang out when she's doing nothing.  When I change the sheets every week she refuses to leave the bed.  I have to change the sheets with her on the bed.  I always think that I will have to dump her off the bed but she always moves to where she is not in the way as I toss the sheets on and tuck in, and put the quilt and blanket on top.  I don't know how she manages it, but she does.  It tickles me .

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 06, 2016, 01:04:23 PM
I have many dogs but this one is Chloe.  She's a Lhasa mix and has inherited the Lhasa personality.  She is very selective in who she likes.  Basically, she doesn't like anyone but her previous owner and me.   Thank god she has an under bite and her jaws are weak.  She can do no harm but she sure 'nuff can put the fear in people.  A bad person could just kick her away, but she would protect me to her death.    She has become more polite since I've owned her.  Her previous owner loved her but had no clue how to deal with her strong personality. 

She has this silly game she plays with me.  She has chosen my bed as her favorite place to hang out when she's doing nothing.  When I change the sheets every week she refuses to leave the bed.  I have to change the sheets with her on the bed.  I always think that I will have to dump her off the bed but she always moves to where she is not in the way as I toss the sheets on and tuck in, and put the quilt and blanket on top.  I don't know how she manages it, but she does.  It tickles me .

...dogs are people too  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on March 06, 2016, 03:44:41 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 06, 2016, 01:04:23 PM

Dogs are better than people.  They are what they are and don't try to make you think that they are one way when they are actually the opposite.  Humans have done that to me a few times.  It gripes me no end.  Dogs do not to that, thus they are better ;D w!w
...dogs are people too  ;D

wsantia1

Dogs are great. Kobe does that bed thing too. lol |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I can't believe that there another one who does the bed thing.  It makes putting sheets on fun,

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 06, 2016, 05:28:56 PM
I can't believe that there another one who does the bed thing.  It makes putting sheets on fun,

Abby was too big, and not allowed up there...but Manny does the sheet thing, whether allowed or not....LOL 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 06, 2016, 05:28:56 PM

Kobe does that jumping from the bed to the floor and back to the bed thing as I work my way around. Most times it's funny unless I am in a rush to do something.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.