• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 11:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 528
Total: 528

Dog fight

Started by LizStreithorst, October 29, 2015, 05:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I guess the puppies liked the livers and gizzards more than I did.  I have an altercation over food from time to time.  It's always the little dogs.  I generally let them work it out among themselves.  This time I had to yell at them.  The funny thing is, while the 4 little guys are fighting over the plate the others come in and clean it.  Dogs..... ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

The little dogs are the meanest. I have 2 pitbulls and a chiwuawa(sp?)  The pits are scared to death of him

LizStreithorst

It has to be that way.  It happened due to selection of the fittest when humans are doing the selecting.  A mean big dog could kill a man.  Some small dogs would as soon bite you as look at you.  They can bite hard into you, too!  As long as the puncture bleeds some and you shoot in some antibiotic ointment it won't get infected.  Dogs appear to have healing stuff in their spit.

Cat bites, on the other hand always get infected.  There is nothing more full of evil bacteria than a cat's mouth.  Just look at a cat's tongue and imagine how much bacteria it holds.  Now that I'm no longer associated with a vet hospital I choose not to groom them.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2015, 06:08:26 PM
It has to be that way.  It happened due to selection of the fittest when humans are doing the selecting.  A mean big dog could kill a man.  Some small dogs would as soon bite you as look at you.  They can bite hard into you, too!  As long as the puncture bleeds some and you shoot in some antibiotic ointment it won't get infected.  Dogs appear to have healing stuff in their spit.

Cat bites, on the other hand always get infected.  There is nothing more full of evil bacteria than a cat's mouth.  Just look at a cat's tongue and imagine how much bacteria it holds.  Now that I'm no longer associated with a vet hospital I choose not to groom them.

Yes cat bites are the worst. I got a serious infection the last time I was bitten by one.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Most little dogs can be nice...but the ankle biters with an attitude need to be launched with the next space probe....seriously, some alien out there needs a lunch...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I went to the vets that I worked when I got bit by a cat.  It was rare but it happened 3 times.  The good vets who knew their shit put me on antibiotics immediately.  Later while I was an IC for a poor quality vet I had to convince the moron.  He knew knew nothing.  I knew more.  His wife, the vet who wore the pants, was half way decent.  I'll bet you money that he went back and asked her if he did right.  She knew enough to respect my knowledge.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on October 29, 2015, 07:49:36 PM
Most little dogs can be nice...but the ankle biters with an attitude need to be launched with the next space probe....seriously, some alien out there needs a lunch...

I own a mean little bitch.  She is pretty but she doesn't like anyone who doesn't greet her in the right way, which includes most people.  She's a Lhasa mix.  She can't help it.  I warn people...She is doing very well.  I'm proud of her.  I will never be able to make her loving toward strangers but little by little I have made her more tolerant of them.  Besides, when she decides to bite her jaws are weak and she can do no harm.  It tickles me that she can put the fear in some folks.