• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 03:55:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 555
Total: 555

Damn Dogs

Started by LizStreithorst, September 26, 2015, 02:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's not their fault.  Dogs will be dogs.  I can not punish any of them because I never caught any of them in the act, but I know the culprit.  I have only one who pulls the stuffing out of pillows.  Stuffing was pulled out of a pillow and all my fish food that was out disappeared.

I've kept the fish food on a coffee table for the last 7 years.  It had always been safe.  Not much Teenie Greenie was lost.  I have more in the freezer.  Itsy Bitsy and Teenie wennie was gone.  I have more in the freezer.  The bitch, whose's name is Tink, ate every bit of my new powered food; all three types.

I'm not angry at my little Tinkster.  She's an independent dog who could survive on her own.  She's the one who dug up all the adult Angelfish I slapped on the concrete and and buried a spading fork's depth.  After 6 days she went into the garden and ate every one.  She's a survivor.

I've learned my lesson, though.  I don't have many empty high surfaces in my fish room but I will find places and keep the food away from dogs.

Now I need to give My Captain a holler.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 26, 2015, 02:10:43 PM
It's not their fault.  Dogs will be dogs.  I can not punish any of them because I never caught any of them in the act, but I know the culprit.  I have only one who pulls the stuffing out of pillows.  Stuffing was pulled out of a pillow and all my fish food that was out disappeared.

I've kept the fish food on a coffee table for the last 7 years.  It had always been safe.  Not much Teenie Greenie was lost.  I have more in the freezer.  Itsy Bitsy and Teenie wennie was gone.  I have more in the freezer.  The bitch, whose's name is Tink, ate every bit of my new powered food; all three types.

I'm not angry at my little Tinkster.  She's an independent dog who could survive on her own.  She's the one how dug up all the adult Angelfish I slapped on the concrete and and buried a spading fork's depth after 6 days and ate every one.  She's a survivor.

I've learned my lesson, though.  I don't have many high surfaces in my fish room but I will find places and keep the food away from dogs.

Now I need to give My Captain a holler.

LOL...it's something about the powdered fish food they really like....I have to hide the stuff from the cats too...Manny will snag a bag and run off with it...little demons.....snap lid containers work for a bit, but they soon learn to get those open too.... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

My Jack Russell Terrier loved fish food too. She cleaned up any that I dropped and would steal any that she could grab. My Dobe goes "ewww...that stinks."   ::)   
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Rjb3

Your Captain is here for such emergencies.

I've been told many times I should also be in the dog food business.

LizStreithorst

Captain Bob's dog food would cost too much to feed my 8 hooligans.  It would work for someone with one small dog, though.  Give it some thought, My Captain. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

My dog is uninterested in spilled fish food.
Fortunately my pet silverfish get it.
At least they aren't cockroaches.