• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 02:43:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 791
Total: 792

A trip to the vet

Started by LizStreithorst, March 20, 2017, 03:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I didn't need to take them because they're just fine.  I just decided that it would be a good idea.  Bruno was ready to take on a new scary thing.  Saint Puppy is a 12 year old Chow.  He's my number 1 dog.  He's has become Bruno's mentor and security blanket.  I wanted him to teach Bruno that a visit to the vet was no big deal.  I also wanted him to have an exam and basic blood work done while he is apparently healthy.  I was told what I had hoped to hear.  My best dog is in excellent condition for his age. Despite his cataracts he can still see reasonably well.Dr. Karen was impressed enough to ask what I feed. 

Bruno did just great!  That little dude has come a long way in a short time.  I couldn't take him to the vet right off the bat because the was terrified of every thing, so I vaccinated him at home.  I left the sticking of the fecal loop up the butt for the vet.  (he has hooks).   Karen was great with my little guy.  I told the tech that this was a training session more than a wellness visit and she passed the information to the doctor.  Bruno went in afraid but willing to trust.  He left think that although it was new and scary it ended up being fun.

It cost a couple hundred bucks but it was the right thing to do and I'm glad I did it.  My vet is great.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 20, 2017, 03:45:09 PM
I didn't need to take them because they're just fine.  I just decided that it would be a good idea.  Bruno was ready to take on a new scary thing.  Saint Puppy is a 12 year old Chow.  He's my number 1 dog.  He's has become Bruno's mentor and security blanket.  I wanted him to teach Bruno that a visit to the vet was no big deal.  I also wanted him to have an exam and basic blood work done while he is apparently healthy.  I was told what I had hoped to hear.  My best dog is in excellent condition for his age. Despite his cataracts he can still see reasonably well.Dr. Karen was impressed enough to ask what I feed. 

Bruno did just great!  That little dude has come a long way in a short time.  I couldn't take him to the vet right off the bat because the was terrified of every thing, so I vaccinated him at home.  I left the sticking of the fecal loop up the butt for the vet.  (he has hooks).   Karen was great with my little guy.  I told the tech that this was a training session more than a wellness visit and she passed the information to the doctor.  Bruno went in afraid but willing to trust.  He left think that although it was new and scary it ended up being fun.

It cost a couple hundred bucks but it was the right thing to do and I'm glad I did it.  My vet is great.

..good vet's rock.....the newer breed of vet's, most the time not so much.....everything is all about tests being done before they have any idea how to approach a condition.....give me an old timer vet(experienced) any day... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Karen and I had time to chat because the blood work took time.  She breeds Havana Brown cats.  She is a very good breeder., very practical, and very smart.

A breeder friend of hers is loading up 24 cats and driving 16 hours from Chicago because she cant find a good vet there.  They're all big city money vets.  You about said the same thing about vets in your area.  I had a hard time believing that it was true but I guess it's true.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 20, 2017, 04:21:29 PM
Karen and I had time to chat because the blood work took time.  She breeds Havana Brown cats.  She is a very good breeder., very practical, and very smart.

A breeder friend of hers is loading up 24 cats and driving 16 hours from Chicago because she cant find a good vet there.  They're all big city money vets.  You about said the same thing about vets in your area.  I had a hard time believing that it was true but I guess it's true.

...the new younger ones just want the $$$'s that testing brings in....sad....altho we did find one young gal that was pretty sharp.....yup, bet her Dad/Mom were old time vets too... |^|...never thought to ask.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 20, 2017, 04:02:36 PM

..good vet's rock.....the newer breed of vet's, most the time not so much.....everything is all about tests being done before they have any idea how to approach a condition.....give me an old timer vet(experienced) any day... |^|

...not only the good vet...but this is one good and smart owner that did this for her new ward... that rocks...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron