• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 759
Total: 759

How Did We Mess up Antibiotics?

Started by BallAquatics, December 17, 2016, 10:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

wallace

I'll be listening to the show later, its an interesting subject.

We have an old cemetery here, and looking at the graves from 1860's I was struck by how many graves are of children. In some cases three children from the same family died within a month... there is a possibility that we could go back to a world like that.
Dan

Rjb3

Young children died often from influenza. Flu like symptoms are very close to criptosporidium. I believe many died from drinking the well water. The cryptosporidium parasite was not discovered until 1907, and not found in humans until 1976. I think it was always there. They just didn't look for it.

LizStreithorst

I haven't watch these yet, but antibiotic resistance has been very much in the news of late.  I sure wish they'd quit allowing them to be added to animal feed in order to promote fast growth in a poor environment.  The human doctors are supposed to be being more careful in prescribing them.  The wild places on earth are being destroyed and it's becoming more and more difficult to discover new drugs or any kind.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

Probiotics is where it's at. Anti-biotics sure help fight germs but they tear up the workings of the digestive system.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 20, 2016, 05:13:40 PM
Probiotics is where it's at. Anti-biotics sure help fight germs but they tear up the workings of the digestive system.

...then again, you're not supposed to taking them all the time either....you want cleansing....a sack of White Castles, or a bowl of hot stewed prunes will do the trick.. |^|....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 20, 2016, 05:30:12 PM
Quote from: Rjb3 on December 20, 2016, 05:13:40 PM

...then again, you're not supposed to taking them all the time either....you want cleansing....a sack of White Castles, or a bowl of hot stewed prunes will do the trick.. |^|....

Never had stewed prunes but have plenty of experience with White Castles in NYC and Chicagoland. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

....you want cleansing....a sack of White Castles....

I see a book deal here...  Mugwump's Guide to Digestive Cleansing

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 21, 2016, 05:36:00 AM

Dennis

...heck ya....LOL....and don't forget the 'All bran'.... |^|..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 21, 2016, 05:38:40 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on December 21, 2016, 05:36:00 AM

Dennis

...heck ya....LOL....and don't forget the 'All bran'.... |^|..

;D ;D ;D

Dennis