• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 05:55:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 104
Total: 105

New Albino LF pair

Started by Mugwump, September 13, 2015, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We picked this pair up at the swap today.....beautiful albino long fins....for size reference, the pic is of them at the bottom of a 4 gal bucket... ;D
The mail, easily 9"...the female an honest 6-7"......those big bristles on the male would make a elk proud....they will be named Bambi and Faline... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

There absolutely huge! And gorgeous.
Scott

wsantia1

Wow Jon. Biggest BN's I've seen in awhile. Congrats they are beauties. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

You may need to have Barb custom make an extra large cave for those beauties. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 13, 2015, 06:53:23 PM
Wow Jon. Biggest BN's I've seen in awhile. Congrats they are beauties. |^| |^| |^|

Willie, I had to use both hands just to cradle him when transferring him into the tank....her too....but him...a beast...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 13, 2015, 06:58:41 PM
You may need to have Barb custom make an extra large cave for those beauties.

Oddly enough no, a touch bigger but not huge....Plecos like tight places to spawn....I talked with Gene, the breeder, and he has an even larger pair at home, and not even a 2" opening on the cave.......I spoke with Bob/Gale too...they both agreed that the cave is better with a tight fit for the pair......Gene says they collapse their fins and curl up to fit, and spawn.....I'll be watching them....LOL...ok, who can miss them....LOL...but they are gorgeous...we're pleased..
Jon

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

He likes it !!!....somehow he got most his body in there..... |^|

Jon

Mugwump

He's cleaning his cave now.....look at that tail.........LOL..I'll bet that I stood and watched that for over 15mins....what a sight... |^|

Jon

big b

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on September 15, 2015, 04:59:50 PM
9 inches? That's crazy!!

Looking at him now....he might be a touch bigger.... |^|     I almost had a great head shot pic of him....he saw me and flipped into his cave....rats..
Jon

big b

Mugwump

Jon