• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 04:52:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 596
Total: 597

Albino BN Fry

Started by wsantia1, January 06, 2015, 08:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Just moved a smallish spawn from a young female over to a 5g. There are about 20 to 25 fry but this is a very young female. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Congratulations on the spawn Willie, good luck with them!  About how old do they need to be to spawn the first time?

Dennis

Mugwump

BN fry are neat.....scurrying around like a bunch of nuts...LOL...congrat's Willie...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Thanks Jon and Dennis.  I don't know how old they need to be to spawn but I think this female is no more than a year old.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 06, 2015, 12:12:39 PM
Thanks Jon and Dennis.  I don't know how old they need to be to spawn but I think this female is no more than a year old.

Yep, they usually have to be at least a year....it bit older sometimes...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 06, 2015, 01:47:42 PM

As a matter of fact Jon. I got this female from you as part of the payment for the plat pair. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 06, 2015, 01:51:25 PM

As a matter of fact Jon. I got this female from you as part of the payment for the plat pair. lol

Good stock then....she's a "cougar" girl.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 06, 2015, 01:53:57 PM

She spawned before but it caught me by surprise and before I could save any they became Angel fish food. Now my male Albino has a nice juicy brown female from a LFS in Illinois along with this nice Albino female from Jon. 

I suspect he will be quite busy. I have this trio in the tank along with a few juvies hanging out under the driftwood that survived the angels in this 55g.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 06, 2015, 01:57:27 PM

She spawned before but it caught me by surprise and before I could save any they became Angel fish food. Now my male Albino has a nice juicy brown female from a LFS in Illinois along with this nice Albino female from Jon. 

I suspect he will be quite busy. I have this trio in the tank along with a few juvies hanging out under the driftwood that survived the angels in this 55g.

I pull the caves....just easier and better survival rates...all you need is a 5gal set up, small sponge, etc.....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 06, 2015, 02:25:48 PM

I pull the caves....just easier and better survival rates...all you need is a 5gal set up, small sponge, etc.....

I moved this male back into the 55g two days ago and he is already tending to a clutch of eggs in the cave.  Earlier today I saw him chasing the big brown female out of the cave. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 08, 2015, 05:47:58 PM

I moved this male back into the 55g two days ago and he is already tending to a clutch of eggs in the cave.  Earlier today I saw him chasing the big brown female out of the cave. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

She can snack if she gets in there...tho sometimes I feel that it's the female testing his prowess in rearing???
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 08, 2015, 05:55:22 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 08, 2015, 05:47:58 PM

She can snack if she gets in there...tho sometimes I feel that it's the female testing his prowess in rearing???

Not to worry. He knows what he's doing. I've got his young all over the place. They are all brown white tips. Now that I have a mature albino female I have the albino fry also. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

wsantia1

This guy is sitting on some more Albino fry. ??? ???  I will need to find some place to put this cave in the next day or two. :o ::)
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 14, 2015, 01:38:04 PM
This guy is sitting on some more Albino fry. ??? ???  I will need to find some place to put this cave in the next day or two. :o ::)

It turns out they are white tipped browns (het albino). :-[  Oh well, they have a 5 gallon tank all to themselves so they will not be Angelfish food. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Nice.....little white tipped tail are the pretty little 'snots'.... ;D 
Jon