• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 03:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 603
Total: 603

My babies from Jon

Started by LizStreithorst, October 29, 2014, 07:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

This is rather embarrassing but my favorite fish ATM are the little white tipped BN that I got from Mug. I kinda know why but I don't for sure know why.  All I know is that I spend more time in front of their tank watching them than I spend in front of my tanks with my fancy-dancy valuable Angels.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2014, 07:03:15 PM
This is rather embarrassing but my favorite fish ATM are the little white tipped BN that I got from Mug. I kinda know why but I don't for sure know why.  All I know is that I spend more time in front of their tank watching them than I spend in front of my tanks with my fancy-dancy valuable Angels.

When I read posts like this it reminds me of what I call my "Love at first sight" fish. I've had a few over the years. I loved raising them and watching them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2014, 07:03:15 PM

I was gonna toss in some of those 'baby blue eyed' L144's but thought you might be up all night staring them too.......the little darln's are captivating for sure.... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That's a fine looking fish, Jon.  I want to make a large white tips on mine.  Josie had some super fine ones at NADA.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2014, 07:40:02 PM
That's a fine looking fish, Jon.  I want to make a large white tips on mine.  Josie had some super fine ones at NADA.

Super fine what...??...std with white tips like the fry??....I have a few of the blue eyed albino L144's with white tips too... ;D...not many, but we spotted a few... ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Josie had these super fine brown BN that had huge white tips.  I don't care about albino's with the white tip.  I'd rather breed run of the mill brown ones with a HUGE white tip.  The contrast between the brown and white  is stunning.

Everyone to his own taste, right?

Mugwump

Sure..... ;D .....just thought that I'd toss it out there..... ;D     then you'll be in your element with the little darln's that you have now.....grow em string like bull.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Strong like a bull, for sure.  I cater to my fish :-[  You gave me 55 (I think) little white tipped browns to choose from.  I know how to select for what is in my mind's eye.  I will have fun with these fish.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2014, 08:21:23 PM
Strong like a bull, for sure.  I cater to my fish :-[  You gave me 55 (I think) little white tipped browns to choose from.  I know how to select for what is in my mind's eye.  I will have fun with these fish.

move the bigger ones as you can, then watch for females first....the males will be easy most times...even young ones.....you know the drill...get the food hogs moved out to enable the rest a good chance for growth too....of course, watching BN's grow is like watching paint dry....LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

God help me I need more tanks.  What am I to do with myself?

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2014, 09:05:34 PM
God help me I need more tanks.  What am I to do with myself?

It's nature's way  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

Barb

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 29, 2014, 09:45:37 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2014, 09:05:34 PM
God help me I need more tanks.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
[/quote

Well, at least you have a fishroom.  When I need a new tank or more, I have to put it in the living areas.  Still trying to figure out how to fit all my fish into our new house.  Jon's plecos are great!
Barb