• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:08:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 633
Total: 633

Looks like a jungle out there

Started by Mugwump, June 10, 2014, 06:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....zounds, the garden growth is really taking off now....big flowers on the squash, tomatoe and peppers making, beans growing well...eating strawberries already....everything is flourishing  ;D

How's everybody else's garden going?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Some of my wild flowers have about played out.  Others, in the pasture have come on late and are making their show.  I have day lily's  and Cannas's  blooming.  The wild blackberry's I let grow in places  along my pasture fence are ripening enough to give me a taste.  Same with the blue berries I planted 5 years ago.

I planted my veggies late and just planted 2 peppers and a tomato.  One pepper (the Poblano) fine and strong.  The other , the bell pepper is weak and will die.  The tomato is strong and healthy
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

We have the bell peppers too, along with some hot 'thai' type peppers and jalapeno peppers...

jalapeno's are my favorite pickle....yum...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Bill is our veg. grower, many years doing it.  But now he can't anymore, at least not this year.  So I have planted tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, green beans and radishes.  Rabbits have eaten all the eggplants and green beans.   We may get tomatoes for sure, and peppers too.  Everything else I will have to buy this year.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on June 10, 2014, 07:07:17 PM
Bill is our veg. grower, many years doing it.  But now he can't anymore, at least not this year.  So I have planted tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, green beans and radishes.  Rabbits have eaten all the eggplants and green beans.   We may get tomatoes for sure, and peppers too.  Everything else I will have to buy this year.
Barb

...get a BB gun for them varmints... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

ilroost

Tomato's and jalepeno's are doing great. Bell peppers not so much

LizStreithorst

Yesterday I marked a bunch of old style glads to dig when the right time comes.  I will be breaking the law.  I don't care.  They are in places where  they get bush hogged down without a thought.  Some long gone person with a life and a home planted them once.  I have no choice.
Always move forward. Never look back.