• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:12:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 632
Total: 632

Garden's in now...

Started by Mugwump, May 14, 2014, 06:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...planted last weekend....rain is good.........Tomatoes, Jalapenos, cucumbers, green beans, zucchini, etc.....

so "what's in your garden?".....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Linda got her tomatoes planted this week & a jalapeno plant, cultivated the rosemary and thyme plants from last year.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

JR

We got in tomatoes, green beans, green peppers and jalapenos
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

oops...I forgot our green peppers....we love stuffed peppers...yum... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

so far we have peppers,tomatoes,garlic and yellow summer squash hope to have the green beans in  the ground in a few days

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on May 15, 2014, 07:52:58 AM
so far we have peppers,tomatoes,garlic and yellow summer squash hope to have the green beans in  the ground in a few days

..do you 'mound' your squash??
Jon

greydragon

yes we mound our squash and we plant 5 seeds per mound and we have 4 mounds,we also have 24 tomatoes,4 green peppers and 2 10 foot rows of garlic and we have 6 potatoes growing and if the store has em we will be planting 5 30foot rows of green beans so i hope we have enough food for a day or two

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on May 15, 2014, 09:51:26 PM
yes we mound our squash and we plant 5 seeds per mound and we have 4 mounds,we also have 24 tomatoes,4 green peppers and 2 10 foot rows of garlic and we have 6 potatoes growing and if the store has em we will be planting 5 30foot rows of green beans so i hope we have enough food for a day or two

...big garden there, nice....do you jar a lot?....how many freezers...LOL.... ;D
Jon

JR

Love the stuffed peppers.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

All I planted this year for veggies is a green pepper, a Poblano pepper and a Celebrity tomato.  I love squash but my neighbor is overrun with it every year and give me more than I can use.  I like a chilled cucumber, sour cream, and dill salad in the summer, but it's easier to buy the few cucumbers I need.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I like a mix that my Mom/G'ma used to make..........

sliced tomatoes

sliced cucumber(peeled)

sliced Spanish red onion

put in a large bowl, add equal parts water and red vinegar.....add a cup, or so of sugar..
set covered in the 'fridge' for a day or two, to work the brine into the veggies....

eat as a side, put over boiled potatoes, or lettuce.....yum......just keep adding as necessary to make it last...
Jon

greydragon

yes i love mason jars i preserve as much as i can i also freeze what i can we are still eating frozen green peppers from last year they taste great on homemade pizza

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on May 16, 2014, 10:57:29 PM
yes i love mason jars i preserve as much as i can i also freeze what i can we are still eating frozen green peppers from last year they taste great on homemade pizza

We've got some frozen peaches and blackberrys left...that's about it. If we get a good crop of fruit again, we'll make jams and preserves....
We pig out on stuffed peppers, so they don't last too long in the frezzer...LOL...
Jon

ilroost

Tomatos. jalepenos,green peppers and banana peppers here