• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 01:13:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 762
Total: 762

Sweet Sunday

Started by Ron Sower, December 20, 2020, 11:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...hello gang!...going to get in high 60s here today...and sunny blue skies...

...the swap meet went very well yesterday, but had a low turnout...I'm thinking about half of our average...I'll get numbers later from our registrars...picked up several new club members...there's a video that Vilo posted on the FB group page which is pretty good...If you go there and watch it, Mike Coleman, my go-to shrimp guy, is wearing a Shrimp Life T-shirt...https://www.facebook.com/groups/SASAZ/ ... |^|

...I have found that I enjoy helping newcomers to planted tanks get started with plants that I think they will have success with...I'll ask them a bunch of questions about their setup, what their goals are and then guide them to some of the plants I have available...Then at, the next swap they tell me what worked...it's gratifying :)...

...I also picked up another custom Dragonstone order that I can have to the guy in a couple weeks...he is going to put it in a 10g paludarium for a newt...as we talked about his vision for it, it came out that he wanted a mountain ridge background with a ledge in front that will be at water level so the newt can come out on "land"... this will certainly be a challenge, but I'm really looking forward to doing this...

...meanwhile, I was happy to hear that the second company's C-19 vaccine has been approved for distribution now...I hope these things work...I'm going to be cautious about getting it...Heard this morning on Google news summary that GB and Netherlands are closing their borders again and there is a mutated strain of the virus that has surfaced...

...we'll get through this somehow...

...Well, I have about 200 plant stems to do something with today leftover from the swap...this hasn't happened before (leftovers)...so I guess I'll set up a temporary tub and light arrangement and let the club members know they can come by to get what they want...I hate to throw them out...

...Happy Aquariuming!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hi Ron and everyone. It's been a weird day here with clouds, a teeny bit of rain early and absolutely no wind. The temp got as high as 43 degrees but it's on the way down now.

I went to a virtual wedding this afternoon. It was interesting and quick, lasting about 30 minutes after a 30 minute delay. Unfortunately the brides grandmother (my girlfriend Vikki's mother)  passed away this morning. No one that was physically at the wedding knew. I didn't find out until about an hour ago. That's a real bummer.

As for me, I am over my physical pain for the moment but you never know until you bend and twist the wrong way or step into the next hole what awaits you.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Ron, I hate that you had plants left over.  I was figuring you'd come home a rich man :P  Have you considered selling on AB?

Willie, I know what you mean about doing some innocent thing after an injury and making what you didn't know was injured hurt.  Everyone has that happen.  It's by doing thing you have done a million times.  Try to be deliberate about your movements for the next several days.  (easier said than done, I know)

It's been an enjoyable reasonably productive day hear.  I had already moved my long fin albino BN that I'm so fond of from my betta tanks to my 100g mostly Discus juvie tank so today I moved the bettas into the fish room temporarily.  I stirred up the sand and made the gross filth float to the water column and I siphoned the tanks as low as I could w/o sucking up sand.  Then I squeezed the shit out of the sponges and nuked the plants, filters glass, driftwood, heaters, cords, and airlines with a 50/50 mix of  H2O2 and Seachem Flourish Excel.  These tanks were being taken over by BBA.  I'll let you know how it works.

On my red shrimp tank with baby albino BN all I did was a 90% WC and removed and cleaned the Matten filter, then nuked it with the mixture.  The Matten filter is the only place I've seen it grow.  The tanks needed a good cleaning anyway so even if it doesn't work it will have been worth the effort.

My neighbor April came over with a little Christmas gift for me.  She had her new dog she adopted about a month ago from the shelter.  The dog is a mix that even I can't figure out.  Her coloring is very unusual.  I need to take a pic of her.  April is my chicken friend and she loved Miss Chickie.  Miss Chickie preformed as well as a chicken can preform.  She jumped on the sofa with me and chased the live meal worms I tossed for her to eat.  That's the extent of Miss Chickie's repertoire but April, being a chicken woman was suitable impressed and delighted.

I hope Barb had a nice day.
Always move forward. Never look back.