• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:53:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 678
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 680
Total: 680

It's Friday

Started by Barb, April 03, 2020, 07:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everyone, how are you all doing?  Are you finding things to do at home that you never had much time for before? I am.  Today is taking a walk in the neighborhood, putting down some mulch and more weed pulling.  And it is a sunny day.  Be well...
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb.  I'm waking up slowly but will get to work soon.  I'll put up the fencing for the garden today.  Then I'll be able to plant!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning all. Hope everyone is doing well today. Lousy weather day once again so I will be inside most of the day. I guess I can clean up the house. It's getting kind of cluttered in here.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...good morning all....

...It's sunny and will be in the low 80s today...

...I guess i should fill the RO barrel so I can do a water change tomorrow or Sunday...not sure what all I'll get into today, othere thatn continue to work on one part of my hardscape for the new 125...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie and Ron.  I'm 2/3rds done with fencing the garden.  I had to go to the barn and get another roll of fencing.  That big roll weighs a ton.  I'm taking a little break before I finish up.  I wish that things that were once just a normal part of life, like putting up a bit of fencing is so hard now.  But I can still get it done so I'm grateful I can still get done the things that are hard for me.  While I was in the barn I spied a 6' galvanized gate that like the fence has been sitting there unused for 20 years.  I'm glad that I had all this stuff and didn't have to buy it.

Back to work now.  I'll have to take a pic once I'm done and have it planted.

Barb

I got 4 large bags of mulch spread around some shrubs,  4 down only 30 to go.  But I plan to get 16 more.  So, 46 more to go.  Have to get this job done before it gets hot here in mid to late May. 
Barb

Ron Sower

...I got 2 more rocks glued into the hardscape....5 minutes...
...finished my book...60 minutes...
...fixed and ate chicken salad and cheesecake for lunch...30 minutes...
...ran the "new" 1 year old Jeep through the carwash...30 minutes
...now I'm just vegging...forever and a day...
...where does the day go?.... huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I know all about that, Ron.  It just takes old people longer to get stuff done that when we were younger.  The day seems to be gone in a couple of hours.  It's the damnedest thing.

Ron Sower

...yeh...but I'm really liking the pace...when I was working it was Go-Go-Go all the time...it's taken some time to get here..

...visited Stan and Barb for a few minutes to see what they've done to their 75g tank... Barb likes to move the plants around a lot....and wonders why they don't grow like mine...I keep telling her to quit moving them around so much...

...came back home and started working on the manzanita branches...arranging and gluing some of them together...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Very pretty, Ron.  Personally, I miss the energy and strength of body that I once had.  I love hard work.  But the time has come where I have no choice but to accept what my body can do now and work with that.  It beats the hell out of sitting on my ass.

Ron Sower

|^|
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 03, 2020, 09:17:40 PM
Very pretty, Ron.  Personally, I miss the energy and strength of body that I once had.  I love hard work.  But the time has come where I have no choice but to accept what my body can do now and work with that.  It beats the hell out of sitting on my ass.
|^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 03, 2020, 08:38:16 PM
...yeh...but I'm really liking the pace...when I was working it was Go-Go-Go all the time...it's taken some time to get here..

...visited Stan and Barb for a few minutes to see what they've done to their 75g tank... Barb likes to move the plants around a lot....and wonders why they don't grow like mine...I keep telling her to quit moving them around so much...

...came back home and started working on the manzanita branches...arranging and gluing some of them together...

That's really nice wood you have there Ron. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 04, 2020, 09:50:40 AM

...Thanks, Willie...Mansanita is in the heath family (Rhodies, laurels,Azaleas, Blueberries)...it has that distinctive reddish tones mixed with the tan under the thin skin bark...it grows at and above 4000' out here...Tom Barr collects and sells a lot of it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 04, 2020, 09:56:38 AM

...Thanks, Willie...Mansanita is in the heath family (Rhodies, laurels,Azaleas, Blueberries)...it has that distinctive reddish tones mixed with the tan under the thin skin bark...it grows at and above 4000' out here...Tom Barr collects and sells a lot of it...

Ron, I have a small 15 inch piece of Mansanita without bark that seems to develop a fuzz of some sort after sometime in the water. I've heard that it is not harmful to the fish but I find it unsightly. Have you ever/seen something like that on your Mansanita?
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 04, 2020, 12:00:42 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 04, 2020, 09:56:38 AM

Ron, I have a small 15 inch piece of Mansanita without bark that seems to develop a fuzz of some sort after sometime in the water. I've heard that it is not harmful to the fish but I find it unsightly. Have you ever/seen something like that on your Mansanita?
...it happens with most woods, Willie, when first submerged....not to worry, it is just a fungus and will go away eventually...It creates a biofilm of living microscopic organisms that some fish and shrimps will feed on...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron