• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 571
Total: 571

150 gallon....

Started by Mugwump, March 07, 2015, 03:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Not bad looking.....trim's busted here and there...needs a little caulk too...but it's an old very thick Oceanic tank....sturdy and strong.....we're getting it for $150....reasonable, considering the condition and it does come with a good solid stand......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Excellent.  Oceanic tanks are the best.  You got a good deal.  Now all you have to do is find a place to put it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Sounds like a very good deal. Where are you going to put it?
???  8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Nice, Let me now if you need help moving it. You said you needed more tanks now you got a big tank! ;D
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 07, 2015, 04:47:28 PM
Nice, Let me now if you need help moving it. You said you needed more tanks now you got a big tank! ;D
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 07, 2015, 04:35:39 PM
Sounds like a very good deal. Where are you going to put it?
???  8)
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 07, 2015, 04:09:59 PM
Excellent.  Oceanic tanks are the best.  You got a good deal.  Now all you have to do is find a place to put it.

For now, it'll be put on the patio......I want to use a hose when cleaning it, plus the stand outside part will get painted.....easy to replace caulk out there too.....then later, it'll go down to the fishroom in the middle of the room between the 130 and the 55 racks opposite.....at least that's where I think it'll gp now....LOL

Scott, thanks.....I'll let you know....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

i know where you can put it ,you can put it in my house lol

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on March 07, 2015, 06:42:56 PM
i know where you can put it ,you can put it in my house lol

LOL...it's the same foot print as my 125/130......but taller....cool tank.... ;D
Jon

b125killer

The only problem I have with my taller tank is I can't reach the bottom without a step ladder, then I get my pits all wet. other than that I like it.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on March 08, 2015, 12:09:47 AM
The only problem I have with my taller tank is I can't reach the bottom without a step ladder, then I get my pits all wet. other than that I like it.

That doesn't really bother me any.............yet.. ;D...but we'll need longer nets...LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: b125killer on March 08, 2015, 12:09:47 AM

Same here, Scott.  I'm just 5' 3"  When I did wipe downs on my old 65 gallon (also an Oceanic) I looked like I'd taken a bath with my clothes on when I was done.  I like my short wide 60'.  Just 17" high but 24" wide.  Great for growout.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Well we got the beast here.....dang thing is very heavy.....very....

It's on the patio now where I can work on cleaning and re-caulking it good. We'll paint the stand too....well, maybe.....??...it's solid as a rock.... ;D......

I've considered leaving it there for the summer, and popping some angels in for grow out....or even a few bass/crappy/cats, etc....???
Jon

JC

Looks awesome Jon!  I could use a tank that size..... maybe 4 of them haha

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on March 09, 2015, 07:53:11 PM
Looks awesome Jon!  I could use a tank that size..... maybe 4 of them haha

Our #2 son Matt and Adam, the previous owner, are both strong young lads....it almost beat em down.....did bring em to a knee twice....I grabbed one end and was told to leave it alone, or I'd hurt myself......I put it down and I listened to them... ;D.....it's a monster...
Jon

ilroost

kinda like the old 125 i have, no center brace and half inch thick glass. Heavy as hell. I would say twice as heavy as my new 125

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 09, 2015, 07:06:15 PM
Well we got the beast here.....dang thing is very heavy.....very....

It's on the patio now where I can work on cleaning and re-caulking it good. We'll paint the stand too....well, maybe.....??...it's solid as a rock.... ;D......

I've considered leaving it there for the summer, and popping some angels in for grow out....or even a few bass/crappy/cats, etc....???
Itsa beaut!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron