• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 09:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 552
Total: 552

Platinum Pearlscale From Liz - Spawned and Pulled

Started by wsantia1, July 08, 2015, 06:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

I decided to pull these since the parents will not raise. My LFS asked me if I had any and I told them I could make some. lol. Looks like a huge spawn. It would have been gone once I left the room so I put this little setup together. Had to run out to the drug store to get some HP in a hurry. lol  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Congrat's...that's a nice spawn.. ;D..............good luck....g/g pb/pb p/p...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 08, 2015, 07:44:25 PM
Glad you're getting some use out of them.

Thanks Liz. They are prolific spawners so I might as well see what they put out, especially since I have an outlet. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

LizStreithorst

I have a Blue Marble pair that are the same way.  They lay a ton of eggs, but turn your back and they're gone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I either pulled this spawn too quickly or the male did not do his job. Anyway at 95% white eggs, it's back to the drawing board. ???

There were about 50% white eggs yesterday so I thought there was still a chance that half of them were viable. ::)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 10, 2015, 07:44:55 AM
I either pulled this spawn too quickly or the male did not do his job. Anyway at 95% white eggs, it's back to the drawing board. ???

There were about 50% white eggs yesterday so I thought there was still a chance that half of them were viable. ::)

That stinks.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

wsantia1

Thanks. At least I now have a 2.5 g  in place for the next time. There will be less scrambling around to set something up. 8)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 10, 2015, 09:24:00 AM
Thanks. At least I now have a 2.5 g  in place for the next time. There will be less scrambling around to set something up. 8)

...if you can, let the eggs gel about 1/2 hr after they're done too, before tanking them.....that'll help a bit too....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 10, 2015, 09:37:41 AM

...if you can, let the eggs gel about 1/2 hr after they're done too, before tanking them.....that'll help a bit too....

Yes. I probably pulled them too fast.  The good thing is that they will spawn again in about a week. ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 10, 2015, 09:39:47 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 10, 2015, 09:37:41 AM

Yes. I probably pulled them too fast.  The good thing is that they will spawn again in about a week. ;D

LOL....I've done it too....I really want a spawn and the I yank that puppy with mama still attached....LOL.....well, pretty close to it anyway
Jon