• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 05:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 72
Total: 72

A very cold Monday

Started by Mugwump, January 06, 2014, 05:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 06, 2014, 06:33:42 AM
I'll start my car too.  I have a battery pack but I'm sure I'll have too plug it in to get to full charge before I use it.  BTW my snow drift is back. Not the same one, a new one.  It's a little over a foot this time.  I have to figure out how to tackle it since I can't put it back where it came from and moving it away from the wind direction will take a little work.

Well I am going to attempt to clear off the driveway at least.  Wish me luck. I may not be able to stay out there long.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'd like to complain about the cold we have here, but y'all would laugh at me and call me a sissy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 06, 2014, 11:07:09 AM
I'd like to complain about the cold we have here, but y'all would laugh at me and call me a sissy.

LOL..most likely ;D....but we'd give you a pass because you're not used to it....your area doesn't get this junk often..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Willie...get in the house....now !!!.....LOL...are you nuts??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 06, 2014, 11:25:27 AM

This is done. I did it when the sun was at the highest point and I was well bundled.  It was still -17 tho. After I finished I went into the fridge to get some cold cuts for a sandwich and they felt warm. LOL
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 06, 2014, 11:31:08 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 06, 2014, 11:25:27 AM

This is done. I did it when the sun was at the highest point and I was well bundled.  It was still -17 tho. After I finished I went into the fridge to get some cold cuts for a sandwich and they felt warm. LOL

Same here...I took Jan to work, grabbed a paper....got home and walked inside...felt like a sauna...LOL....I checked the thermostat ;D
Jon

ilroost

got all dug out, went inside then came back out to see a snowplow block up my drive again

Barb

Thank you for the kind words posted earlier today.  Winston is now wrapped in the arms of mother earth, as I like to think of it, in our backyard.  He passed on calmly and gently at our wonderful vet's office and I brought him home.
Barb

PS  Now don't any of you go hurting yourselves with all that snow shoveling!  It is now very cold here too.

P4Angels2

sschind

Truck started fine, got about a 1/4 mile down the road and it just stopped going anywhere and the transmission doesn't engage.  Hoping it just the cold weather.  Pushed it into a parking lot and it's probably going to sit until it warms up a bit.  Thing is, I didn't HAVE to go out.  I was going to check on the critters in Lake Geneva because I missed it yesterday and I felt guilty.

On the bright side my new hat sucks ...oh wait, that's not a bright side is it. 
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

I had an old Chevy that did that sometimes...throw a piece of card board in front of the radiator...let it run in neutral til the car gets real good heat...then try it....the coolant lines for the tranny are on the bottom of the radiator...once it's pretty warm, it warms the tranny a bit too...
Jon

Mugwump

...it's not going to be much better tonight, extreme cold continues....I'm wondering if the schools and warehouses/factories/offices will be closed again tomorrow??..... altho it is supposed to be single digit highs by afternoon??...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 06, 2014, 07:43:51 PM
...it's not going to be much better tonight, extreme cold continues....I'm wondering if the schools and warehouses/factories/offices will be closed again tomorrow??..... altho it is supposed to be single digit highs by afternoon??...

Chicago schools closed tomorrow.  I'm sure others are too.
Willie

Mugwump

Yep, just found the postings that all schools around here, and surrounding towns/cities, are closed tomorrow......good...
Jon

P4Angels

saw this is ans said, "this is so Jon......" oO0   :o
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...