• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 06:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78

A very cold Monday

Started by Mugwump, January 06, 2014, 05:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....all the schools are closed, and quite a few businesses, and various factories/warehouses too. I looked out and have only seen one, or two, cars go by.... it says that it's about 16 below and the wind is blowing pretty steady....wind chills?...26 below at the moment...brrrr.......LOL...I can hardly wait for those 35-40 mph gusts....OW....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

-17 degrees here.  That's the coldest weather I've ever been in.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 06, 2014, 05:36:09 AM
-17 degrees here.  That's the coldest weather I've ever been in.

LOL....I'll let you know how the Tahoe groans, when I start it in a bit... ;D...even in the garage, it's freak'n cold....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Tahoe fired right up.....heaters on...I'll drive Jan to work in a few. ;D....If I had a battery pack, I could make a few bucks jumping cars this morning.....LOL......there's going to be a bunch not starting...
Jon

wsantia1

I'll start my car too.  I have a battery pack but I'm sure I'll have too plug it in to get to full charge before I use it.  BTW my snow drift is back. Not the same one, a new one.  It's a little over a foot this time.  I have to figure out how to tackle it since I can't put it back where it came from and moving it away from the wind direction will take a little work.
Willie

BallAquatics

Cold here too.  When from 40 and rain to -3 and snow this morning.  Sure makes it hard on the wildlife.  I remember back in '78 when we had the blizzard, it did the same thing.  Just too hard for the game birds..... that was pretty much the end of any quail or pheasant hunting in these parts.

Your cold must be headed this way as -3 is the high for today with temperatures dropping to -17 by tonight.

Dennis

Mugwump

Dennis, it is indeed heading your way. I just back back a bit ago from being out and about...took a detour towards the edge of town.....it was like a white out....winds picking up and drifting like crazy...and yep Willie, our drift is back too.... ;D...it's dropping too...it's now 18 below....sheesh even the dew point is 23 below....LOL.....the fish room is toasty tho.. ;D...oh, and the Plat fry are staging a mutiny...LOL.....
Jon

PaulineMi

Our high of 10 has come and gone.  We're heading to -7.  Tomorrow's high will be 2.  The bigger problem is the extreme amount of snow and wind.  Huge drifts and white outs are making it look like Antarctica.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

Barb

I wish you all well up there.  Here it is warm, 60, but by tonight it will be 18 or less.  For us, that is almost unbelievable cold.  Record breaking.  We just aren't used to it. 

It is fortunate our ground isn't frozen solid like yours surely is, I just came in from digging a grave in our little cat cemetery.  This afternoon it will house a new resident, our old cat Winston.  Sad day for us.
Barb

Mugwump

Poor Winston.....I'm sorry for you. Barb....losing an old companion is always a bummer...
Jon

BallAquatics

Sorry to hear of your loss Barb.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Sorry to hear about Winston Barb.  I'm sure he lived the good life with you.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Sorry to hear about your loss Barb.  It's very tough to lose a special pet.  They are part of the family.
Willie

ilroost

So sorry, for your loss Barb