• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 12:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,335
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 354
Total: 355

Finally it's Friday...

Started by Ron Sower, December 18, 2020, 10:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...here I am again...how are you all doing?...we'll hit low 60s today with sunny skies...

...We found out yesterday that we won second place in the golf cart decorations...earned us $20 worth of free meals at the clubhouse...! It was fun!

...Tomorrow is the day for the swap...still have stuff to do for it today, but it's under control now...I THINK  ??? ??? ???

...the fish I bought from the lady last night to sell at the swap are in extremely good shape...so I've decided to keep most of them for the tetra tank (the former cichlid tank)...I'm keeping 7 Harlequin Rasboras, 12 black neons, and 2 false Julii cories...they look good swimming together...we did put the Rummies in Linda's 24g tank...they immediately went into hiding!!!! huh ...they need some  .!!. =;-) =;-) mim....

...well time to finish up bagging the plants...Have a nice day, everyone...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. I was down playing in the fishroom most of the morning and I decided to move some fish around. I also cleaned out a couple of filters and did some tank wipe downs.

It is now up to 35 degrees but sunny and at least we have no snow on the ground like our neighbors up north.

I'm going to take it easy for a bit now. I tend to overdo things once I get started and then pay the price for it later. Today I will quit while I'm ahead. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 18, 2020, 12:50:04 PM
Good afternoon Ron and everyone. I was down playing in the fishroom most of the morning and I decided to move some fish around. I also cleaned out a couple of filters and did some tank wipe downs.

It is now up to 35 degrees but sunny and at least we have no snow on the ground like our neighbors up north.

I'm going to take it easy for a bit now. I tend to overdo things once I get started and then pay the price for it later. Today I will quit while I'm ahead. |^|
|^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  I some baby black rams with parents from a 10 to a 29 and some larger babies from a 20 to a 65.  Then a grooming dog came.  I don't charge this lady because she saved this dog from certain death when she adopted her.  She always brings me a food treat.  This time is was sausage and a biscuit, a tub of potato soup, and a lb. of ground venison!
The venison was perfect because I'd planned to make a pot of chili tomorrow.  Then I was off to the supermarket for other ingredients plus a spray bottle.

Now I want to move the betas into temproary housing while I wage war on the black algae in their tanks.  I have other fish room chores that need doing as well.  That will take up the rest of the day until WC time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, very cold here today.  But some sun so that was good.  I just ate some homemade soup in my backyard, in the cold and dark, but sat next to my fire pit blazing away.  It was kind of nice.  Something different.  Now back to my living room fireplace to chill out for the rest of the day.  I slept little last night so kind of dragging today.  A very wealthy garden club friend invited me over for a gift she had for me, it was a hard visit for me,   since she spent the whole time bragging about her mansion, her husband, their upcoming visit to a very expensive hotel on an island off the east coast of Fl, and on and on.  I should have worn hip boots for the occasion, it was getting quite deep.  I was glad to leave. She would be horrified to know she offended me, she is a nice lady but just not what I need these days. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

In my experience people who brag about all their expensive stuff are generally full of shit.  Hope she gave you an expensive gift to prove to you how rich she is.  But I doubt she did.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...I dislike people like that...I believe they have some deep seated insecurities about their self-worth...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron