• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 05:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 552
Total: 553

Monday it is!!!

Started by Ron Sower, December 14, 2020, 09:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...and here we are...another Monday...!

...as I think about it....I never really hated Mondays...they were the fresh start of a new week and seemed to be full of opportunities...funny though, even retired I still look at Mondays that way...I'm just glad that I really don[t have to get up at 5:30AM and start it... |^|

...still learning about the pain meds from the Brownie store  .!!.....took a larger bite of brownie yesterday afternoon...and it pretty much put me out...not good company for Lucy...not a good plan!... :-[

...putting finishing touches on a pair of narrow retaining Dragonstone walls for a customer...I guess we'll meet up at the swap this coming Saturday...
....speaking of the swap, I have an overflow of plants to move outa my Congo tank...can't see the fish... :D :D :D ...I'm going to start making labels today...I'm going to put good pics of the plants on them so newbies can see what a stem can grow into...picked that up from one of the guys in the Seattle club...

...All Y'all have a good day now, ya hear?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. It is a cold and rainy day here where I am hoping the rain will stop soon. The rain started about 6:30 this morning and hasn't let up yet. It's a good thing it is not colder or this would be a lot of snow.

I am home in the fishroom watching the fish and shrimp at this moment. Getting ready to do a water change on the shrimp tanks but not before I do some water testing. I've lost about 3 yellow shrimp over the past few days so I need to check out the water parameters.

I got a call from my doctor's office this morning and I have to go into the office at 9:30am tomorrow. I saw the report from the CT scan and there were a couple of minor items on it but of course I am not a doctor.  Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I can't believe that Ron, Mr. Late was the first to post today :P

Today was cleaning day.  But first I had clean up a flood in the office.  I must have knocked a hose out of the water storage containers because when I walked back in to put a siphon in the tank there was water over all my poor abused Pergo floor.  Not too bad this time, only about 10 gallons.  I decided to use towels and used up all my dog grooming towels and my own bath towels.  On well, just a ton more laundry to do but at least the floor got mopped.

I finally got around to doing a good clean and tidy in the fish room.  It is not pristine by any means but at least it looks good.  Miss Chickie seems to be enjoying it too.  House is on the way to being clean.  It never gets pristine either, but it does get to presentable plus.  I'm about ready to quit and take it easy now and put off what's left until tomorrow....Except for the laundry which I bet I'll be doing until the wee hours of the night  wfwf
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 14, 2020, 02:35:37 PM
Good afternoon Ron and everyone. It is a cold and rainy day here where I am hoping the rain will stop soon. The rain started about 6:30 this morning and hasn't let up yet. It's a good thing it is not colder or this would be a lot of snow.

I am home in the fishroom watching the fish and shrimp at this moment. Getting ready to do a water change on the shrimp tanks but not before I do some water testing. I've lost about 3 yellow shrimp over the past few days so I need to check out the water parameters.

I got a call from my doctor's office this morning and I have to go into the office at 9:30am tomorrow. I saw the report from the CT scan and there were a couple of minor items on it but of course I am not a doctor.  Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
...fingers crossed, buddy!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 14, 2020, 02:39:49 PM
I can't believe that Ron, Mr. Late was the first to post today :P
...HEY! this isn't the first time!  :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I know that.  It's still somewhat unusual.  I don't care when you show up as long as you do :-*
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi folks, I am still waiting on my test result, via email.  But I did go to get an exam by a navy Dr.  He checked me out and everything is normal.  Good lungs, that was my concern.  He and all the clinic staff had wonderful protections, they all had great masks and good looking plastic goggles that completely covered their whole eye areas.  Waay better than those plastic shields people wear which let lots of airborn microscopic virus in and around them. I will let you know what I find out.

Good luck with your Dr. visit tomorrow Willie.  And Liz at least your floor got a good cleaning.  That is what I tell myself when I have a big spill.  Ron, don't eat too many brownies!  Reminds me that I used to think those kind of brownies were a joke and couldn't possible work.  I see I was wrong.
Barb