• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 761
Total: 761

Happy Wednesday

Started by wsantia1, August 09, 2023, 07:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you all are well. Another nice day on tap here where the temp is 74 degrees and going up to 86F under sunny skies and a comfortable breeze. Only a 5% chance of precip is in the forecast for today.

I had a lot planned for the fishroom today but my back is hurting and so is my neck (arthritis) so I am trying to see if the meds will ease some of the pain. On top of that my right ankle began hurting me yesterday for no reason that I know of.

I haven't had any injuries to that ankle that I can think of so I guess I have to chalk it up to the aging process. huh

Something tells me that I may just do the bare minimum in the fishroom and just give myself some rest. I will still have to do the discus and a couple of other tanks whether I want to or not.

I'm going to put the TENS machine electrodes on to see if that gives me some relief. I won't be getting another back shot until mid September but I wished I would have scheduled it in mid August. huh

I wish you all a great day and you all take care of yourselves. I'll peek in later to see what's up and hopefully I will feel better by then.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Sorry you're not feel so good Willie.  Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Spent the morning working on the pick-up.  When I was younger, I loved working on cars, these days it's a real chore.  Replaced the bad shock and broken sway bar end link.  I guess I shouldn't really complain, the 1999 S-10 has done alright by me and doesn't really need too much attention ( knocks on wood ).

It's been a rough 3 months around here.  Heart attack in June, chainsaw accident in July, and yesterday I hit a deer on the motorcycle.

At any rate, I'm getting ready for a leisure ride through the country side after a quick bit to eat.  Have a wonderful day folks!

wsantia1

Dennis you have been through a lot and then hitting a dear on a motorcycle. Thankfully it sounds like you didn't get too hurt running into that deer. Wishing you good health going foward. |^| |^| |^|

BTW I just realized that today is Wednesday and not Thursday. That's what happens when you are retired. huh
Willie

Barb

Hi guys, oh my, aches and pains and hitting a deer.  Sorry for it all. I got overheated walking outside this morning with my walking group. 90 and humid plus no water = headache and feeling terrible.  I am home and feeling better now, will have to be more careful. Liz how are you doing in the awful southern heat?  Will it ever end!  Willie, are you doing daily wc on your discus tank?  If so, what percent?  I do 90% twice a we ek, and it is plenty.  As long as your filter is doing well and the bottom is bare.  When discus are very small is when they need that daily wc.  But yours are big now, right?  Are you wanting spawning and to raise young?

I need a nap now, then will get back to work.  My trip is Sat.   6 day  out of Norfolk VA. cruise to Bahamas with a friend.  This is my summer of travel.  Never had 2 trips in one summer before.  More later friends,
Barb

wsantia1

Hey Barb, I am glad that you cooled down now. I'm kinda of used to walking in the hear but I always have my cooler in the car except for the winter.

I've been changing a little over 50% of the water in discus tank daily on the 75 gallon tank that they are in. That's around 40 gallons. Today I changed out 50 gallons. My biggest biggest discus is about 5.5 inches and the rest are about 5 inches except for one. I don't know how old they were when I got them which is about 4 month ago but they've grown a lot.

As for breeding, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now I am just having fun with these guys. They are very friendly for a fish. The Angels run from me and these guys run to me.
Willie