• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 02:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 512
Total: 513

Thursdays coffee......>>>>

Started by Mugwump, December 24, 2015, 06:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee is outstanding this morn'n.....

We're going through the last 'prep' for the 'cast of thousands' expected later this morning.....it's always a fun day for everyone  |^|

It'll be cooler today, temps in the 30's...perfect...we can crack a window, because with all the cooking and family, it'll get warm in here..
There will be some moisture moving thru later this afternoon, and I'm still hoping for some Xmas snow.... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Raining very hard here with temps already in the 70s. We may go as high as 76 degrees. We will have some clearing for a while but then another round of showers later today. huh

I took Kobe to the kennel and I have water changes to do before I get started on my journey up and down the Northeast corridor. I plan to leave at 0600 tomorrow. mim Oh, I have to pop a roast pork in the oven too. |^|

Coffee is great. There will be at least 1 more pot of this magnificent stuff to consume. |^| |^| |^| w!w
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

pot #2 mostly gone now........but we got all the chairs up for the dining room table, brought up the card table/chairs for extra feeding space too....We decided on a big bird this year...so Jan's had a turkey roasting since earlier this morn'n......everyone in our family like 'da big birdie a lot'....

New Years ?.....why a nice spiral cut ham, of course...+1...candied yams...MMMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...just chill'n here now....the place will be a mad house shortly....LOL....
Jon

wsantia1

Just finished my water changes so I am good until I get back on Sunday. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

..the crowd just left and are driving away.....Little Pagie told me I needed (3) hugs and kisses before she left... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I enjoyed each one.. |^|  what a sweetheart.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 24, 2015, 04:41:06 PM
..the crowd just left and are driving away.....Little Pagie told me I needed (3) hugs and kisses before she left... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like you had quite a time with your family. That's great. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 24, 2015, 11:35:17 AM
Just finished my water changes so I am good until I get back on Sunday. |^| |^| |^|

Well the water changes triggered two spawns. My pure Koi from Jon & Ed are spawning right now in their own tank and a Koi x Koi Paraiba pair in the community tank spawned a little while ago. They always spawn on the lift tube and the eggs don't last the night. lol  mim

The pure Koi pair are Parent Raisers but have been goofballs the last couple of times. I made sure that they are the only fish in that tank after the last spawn disappeared. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 24, 2015, 04:54:06 PM

They are a wonderful bunch....yes.... |^|   I got the 'boys', our sons, each a recorder/flute to play....at 43/38/34....they argued over the green one.....LOL
....boys will be boys no matter how old....I was counting on it too.... 8)....they didn't disappoint...... ;D

....Willie, you need a couple 125's.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 24, 2015, 05:07:18 PM

You are absolutely right about that. After the holidays I will go up with those two 55s I have sitting on the floor. huh huh huh It's feast or famine here. ::)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 24, 2015, 05:12:03 PM

You are absolutely right about that. After the holidays I will go up with those two 55s I have sitting on the floor. huh huh huh It's feast or famine here. ::)

LOL....+1
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 24, 2015, 04:54:06 PM

They are a wonderful bunch....yes.... |^|   I got the 'boys', our sons, each a recorder/flute to play....at 43/38/34....they argued over the green one.....LOL
....boys will be boys no matter how old....I was counting on it too.... 8)....they didn't disappoint...... ;D

You have the coolest family ever, Mug.

More tanks, Willie :P
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 24, 2015, 05:12:03 PM

It's always either feast of famine with me.  Right now it's feast.  As usual it went from famine to feast from one day to the next.  I'm taking advantage of it and me makes me feel good.  When I need something I can afford to get it :o  It'll change back in a moment at some point.  I'm used to it. I know I can handle either.

Big bad weather in Ellisville.  The worst was 12 miles north of my house.  I'll have to check the shop tomorrow.  All we've had here is torrential rains and high winds.  This kind of weather in December is unprecedented.
Always move forward. Never look back.