• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 527
Total: 527

Zebra Danios

Started by shatanka, May 05, 2013, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Nice.......good find.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Nice. If you have a camera with a small diameter lens you could remove one of the ocular lenses (those near the eye) and either buy a camera attachment, or maybe make one and take pictures through there. I know someone who holds his iPhone camera up to the opening (room lights off) and takes pretty good pictures that way. Getting the proper distance from the camera lens to the microscope's ocular tube is important for getting the image in focus. Also holding it steady.

This is why a camera attachment is handy. It also keeps out stray light.
They typically have a tube with the OD of the ocular lens (to fit in the ocular tube nicely), threads to mount the camera by its threads for filters on the lens, and some way to adjust the distance between the camera and microscope tube for focusing. The threads to the camera can be replaced with tape, but the camera will have to be supported by a tripod or something.
Focusing can be a screw mechanism between two telescoping tubes (camera end vs. microscope end) or a slot in one of the tubes and screw in the other to tighten and hold a fixed distance.