• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:27:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 839
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 838
Total: 839

Sunday===>

Started by Mugwump, October 06, 2013, 05:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We've been cleaning a little today, the house, not the fish room(yet ;D). You know those places that you don't do everyday...bathroom tub/floor...washed some curtains, changed the guest room linen, yada yada....my brother is coming in Thursday afternoon...tidying up a bit...wipe down a few dog/g'kid marks on the doors/walls...little nose prints off any storm door windows, dust a little better than the usual (move things...LOL)....I cut the grass...but...   Now we're kicking back and relaxing. Tomorrow I'll do water changes and straighten up down stairs.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

LOL.  I did the same thing.  I've been cleaning everything to do with fish lately and finally looked around and said this house really needs a good cleaning.  I even shampooed the carpet in the family room.  All while watching football of course. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

After the Sunday IT work, I spent the day with my auction winnings from yesterday.  Picked up a couple 40 breeders to culture green water in for $10 each.  Got a bag of 10 Devario acrostomus..... I about fell out of the chair when they were announced as I wasn't even aware that any had been imported into the US.  No interest from the crowd so I got them fro a song.  A few plants rounded out my purchases.  Sold about $75 worth of fish and cultures.  Had a great time!  It was our biggest auction yet with people coming in from West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and all over the state of Ohio.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Dang, Dennis!  You had a very good Sunday!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Sure does, seem like you had a very ,very nice day... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2013, 09:31:12 PM
Dang, Dennis!  You had a very good Sunday!

Oh, it just keeps getting better!  Since the Devario acrostomus are so new to the hobby and still very rare, I thought a bit of detective work was in order.

It seems as though the seller of the fish picked them up from my friend Stephan Tanner of Swiss Tropicals.  Stephan got them from his friend at The Wet Spot Tropical Fish in Portland Oregon.  The Wet Spot ordered them from this fellow Patrick who runs a company called Aquaculture Technologies in Singapore.  Patrick purchased the fish from the company AquariCORP based in Thailand.  The owner and head fish collector of AquariCORP is none other than  Kamphol Udomritthiruj, the man who first found the Celestial Pearl Danio back in 2006.

In an effort to find out a bit more about these fish, I sent an email to my friend Pete Cottle in the UK.  As the saying goes, Pete actually wrote the book on Danios and Devarios.....

Pete says he has never seen a Devario acrostomus in the flesh, which I must say, just made my day.  He did however help to fill in much of the information about where these fish started their journey before ending up in my tank.  Isn't fish keeping just the most fun?

Dennis

Mugwump

Yep, your finest 'fish network' just rumbling along, a wealth of information if you just ask around, and meet even more knowledgeable folks....gotta love it...
Jon